Moving house

Take all the lightbulbs. New owners love that.

Driving licence - update. It’s only £14 so don’t delay.

I wouldn’t even do a mail redirect, it’s all shite these days anyway.

Possible redirect on your post if you still get plenty.
Does anyone get post any more? Birthday cards aside. The biggest issue we had was the old dear who lived here before, kept ordering stuff from Amazon and hadn't changed her default delivery address. It went on for a year. Amazon don't take stuff back unless you put yourself out.

It's an absolute chore trying to remember everybody who needs to know about your change of address.
This is the ideal time to distance yourself from those you can't be bothered with.
I"ve moved house at least 15 times, still never found that guinea pig from 1967.
😟
Probably used it's passport and went abroad, it'll be a canny age now.

Last edited:
Take all the lightbulbs. New owners love that.

Driving licence - update. It’s only £14 so don’t delay.

I wouldn’t even do a mail redirect, it’s all shite these days anyway.

The previous owners of my place were brilliant. Not only did they leave all of the lightbulbs but left a roll of toilet paper.

in advance... yeah, utilities (Gas, Electric, Water), Internet, Local Council/ Council Tax, Home Insurance Cover (Old & New houses)
Shortly after you move then folks like DVLA, car insurance firms, Bank, Television License, Inland Revenue, Electoral Role, DWP, credit cards, Doctor...

... did it all just over a year ago and took months to get it all sorted out, and still the occasional ones surfaces, like magazine subscriptions, pension providers etc etc

Back