Mountain Bothys

The majority have been overran by wankers in the past few year. Either individuals using them as a destination for a piss up rather than their intended purpose, or corporate locusts looking to profit off the back of a charities hard work. Annoying, but that's people.
I've been in several. There's one near the top of Cross Fell . Are they all at high altitude ?
No. Plenty, including the best one in the UK, is by the sea.
There’s an even better one around two kilometres north. As remote as it gets around that way. This one is right next to Black Burn and around 700ft lower in altitude.
There's a few, but shhhh

Last edited:
Stayed in a couple. Memorable one up the top end of Lomond that we found by accident. Very homely until some poor young Chinese lad went out in the dark for a piss and some utter twat had left a steaming man turd unburied. Tracked it all back in with him and the place f***ing stunk.
Don’t know why but that’s made me proper chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not for a few years now but the view from the one at Warnscale Head rivals any view anywhere.

Logon or register to see this image
Proposed to my wife in there. Wouldn’t stay there though, far too busy nowadays
I've been in several. There's one near the top of Cross Fell . Are they all at high altitude ?
Supposed to be haunted that one isn’t it?
The majority have been overran by wankers in the past few year. Either individuals using them as a destination for a piss up rather than their intended purpose, or corporate locusts looking to profit off the back of a charities hard work. Annoying, but that's people.

No. Plenty, including the best one in the UK, is by the sea.

There's a few, but shhhh
Worst thing that happened was the book being published and the likes of trail magazine publishing locations and going on about them.

Last edited:

Back