Mould remover

gabbiadini1

Winger
Anyone recommend a mould remover for silicone in bathroom that actually works? Tried pretty much everything I can with no luck. Thanks!

Cillit Bang black mould remover, its fantastic, spray on leave for 15 minutes or so and no more black mould. May need a second application if it’s heavy mould but it works. Never found anything like it to be honest, all the others i tried (including bleach) bleach the mould white for a short while then the pigment comes back and you have mould in the exactly same place again.

Above, WB beat me to it.

Otherwise cut it all out and re-do it.
Just to add, you only get mould because moisture is getting in, which means the seal has already failed.
Sure, you can use chemical solutions (HG Mould spray is magic stuff btw - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000IU40HQ), but its only clearing the symptoms temporarily. Which is often enough tbh, as cutting out ALL of the silicon and re-doing it is a right fuck on.

In the process of cutting out all of the silicone in the shower for this exact reason. What a fuck on. Installing a bigger fan to see if that helps once I’ve resealed.

Sodium Hypo-Chlorite (Bleach), everything else is just a variation of that with thickener, foamer, perfume etc. at several times the price. "Painting" on the bleach helps with application & abrasion.

A dehumidifier in the bathroom (on an extension lead unless socket close by just outside room like we have), left on during & after shower, is a must IMO, and stops the waste of heat energy from venting out steam.

I always wipe the excess water away form the sealant line with a sponge after a shower too.

There's no such thing as Magic.

Back