Most Un-Christmassy Christmas Song

Just heard that perennial depressive Leonard Cohen warbling away on the alleged Christmas radio station while I was driving.
He manages to rhyme “out-drew yer” with “Halleliah” the miserable git.
Dreadful - and he’s bleedin’ Jewish anyway isn’t he? How could that be a Christmas song?

Just heard that perennial depressive Leonard Cohen warbling away on the alleged Christmas radio station while I was driving.
Dreadful - and he’s bleedin’ Jewish anyway isn’t he? How could that be a Christmas song?
It isn't, but it is fabulous.

It's not.

Last Christmas by Wham. I heard on the radio one time that it was originally called Last Summer but a producer decided to get Wham to change the lyrics to Last Christmas as it would be released around Xmas time. Wikipedia says it was always intended to be a Xmas song. Another great myth shot up the arse.

2000 miles - The Pretenders

Yes the video was them in snow and it has the line "It must be Christmas time", but it all about a band member who had died.
It sounds like it's about a couple who are apart at Christmas but the inspiration was deeper still - the lyrics were written after the band's original guitarist James Honeyman-Scott passed away in 1982, at the age of 25.

Got to be ‘Stay Another Day’ by East 17. Absolute nowt festive about it. The manager must’ve thought ‘It’s coming out in December, let’s clag a few sleigh bells onto the end and get some snow in the video’ :) Great marketing I suppose.

That shit Frankie Goes To Hollywood song that gets skipped every time without fail.

Last Christmas by Wham. I heard on the radio one time that it was originally called Last Summer but a producer decided to get Wham to change the lyrics to Last Christmas as it would be released around Xmas time. Wikipedia says it was always intended to be a Xmas song. Another great myth shot up the arse.
🤣
Doubt anyone could be telling George what to do ffs

Back