Most Un-Christmassy Christmas Song

It's based on the Christmas carol Good Christian Men rejoice, but apart from that aye, nowt Xmassy :)

One of my top 3!
No caterwauling diva, no cheesy lyrics, no sanctimonious content.
Layered instrumentation with a belting guitar solo. What’s not to like? A Christmas tune for the ages.
I was delighted when I played it in the car and my 4 year old listened intently. When it finished he piped it with ‘Mike Oldfield please’.
Although 8 times off the belt in one journey is getting a bit much.

One of my top 3!
No caterwauling diva, no cheesy lyrics, no sanctimonious content.
Layered instrumentation with a belting guitar solo. What’s not to like? A Christmas tune for the ages.
I was delighted when I played it in the car and my 4 year old listened intently. When it finished he piped it with ‘Mike Oldfield please’.
Although 8 times off the belt in one journey is getting a bit much.

The useless twat gets out of time at one point as well. If he'd practiced a bit more he might have made a decent musician. :)

However, it's un Christmassy according to SMB.

Last edited:
A few absolute Xmas classsics..

Baby It's Cold Outside - no mention of xmas

Let it snow, Let it snow - as above

Winter Wonderland - again no mention of xmas

Last Christmas by Wham. I heard on the radio one time that it was originally called Last Summer but a producer decided to get Wham to change the lyrics to Last Christmas as it would be released around Xmas time

George himself said on the Wham documentary on Netflix he felt that good about it he excitedly told andrew ridgeley that he'd just written a really good christmas song

Back