Most expensive mistake at work

I am the sporting director at a large professional football club, and I was convinced that it wasn’t worth having a striker at the club for 2 seasons.

Thankfully my employer didn’t punish me as he was too busy blowing off some Arab gentlemen in the boardroom.

Started a new job but same company at the AA call centre. When you were doing your notes after a call, you'd put your phone in call work, which would stop you getting calls. Which people would also do if they couldn't be arsed. My job was to schedule people on the phones, keep people posted on how busy we were, and you could send messages to the team via the display board on the wall in text with what was happening.

My colleague started the same time as me and decided to type "get out of call work,fuck faces" then press delete. Saying "wouldn't it be funny if I sent that". However, delete and enter are fairly close on the keyboard. It all kicked off and he got the boot. My notice was already in, so I missed the aftermath. It apparently wasn't that funny though.

Started a new job but same company at the AA call centre. When you were doing your notes after a call, you'd put your phone in call work, which would stop you getting calls. Which people would also do if they couldn't be arsed. My job was to schedule people on the phones, keep people posted on how busy we were, and you could send messages to the team via the display board on the wall in text with what was happening.

My colleague started the same time as me and decided to type "get out of call work,fuck faces" then press delete. Saying "wouldn't it be funny if I sent that". However, delete and enter are fairly close on the keyboard. It all kicked off and he got the boot. My notice was already in, so I missed the aftermath. It apparently wasn't that funny though.
What year was that?

How much did that come to - cost of the paper for his P45?

Once filled the works van up with petrol.
That reminds me. At another place, someone was given a hire car by work and the oil level warning came on. So he bought a bottle of oil and emptied the entire thing into the car. They still needed him to travel though, so they hired another car for him after that one broke. What a dipstick eh?

Worked part time at a hotel leisure club as a 18 year old at uni. I somehow set the dishwasher on fire. (can't remember how)
I had no idea how to use the fire extinguisher so I just got out of there leaving all the old bastards to burn.
None of them burnt thankfully but I didn't pass my probabtion period.

Last edited:
Worked part time at a hotel leisure club as a 18 year old at uni. I somehow set the dishwasher on fire. (can't remember how)
I had no idea how to use the fire extinguisher so I just got out of there leaving all the old bastards to burn.
None of them burnt thankfully but I didn't pass my probabtion period.
Added to my list of interview questions. "Do you know how to operate a fire extinguisher, or are you a divvy knacker?"

Back