Most Effective Diet To Lose Weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missus is doing slimming world, do I have to do it too (or start cooking my own meals).

How does that work then, and does it actually work?

Keto diet. Google it

Zero carbs, apart from one day of carbing back up. Got to be done with exercise, will burn fat and retain muscle.

The missus is doing slimming world, do I have to do it too (or start cooking my own meals).

How does that work then, and does it actually work?

I'm doing it with my missus before we get married in September. I was sceptical about it at first but went along with her to see what it was like and I've got to say I'm enjoying it, and its now a lifestyle change rather than just a diet. I exercise much more now and really enjoy it and hate the thought of eating fatty, greasy foods.

There isn't anything special about it, its all about eating a healthy balanced diet and reducing your fat intake where ever possible.

There are a couple of different plans, and the one we do is called extra easy. That works by making sure you stick to within 15 'syns' per day, but you can be flexible with it throughout the week so some days you can have more 'syns' as long as you cut back a bit on other days. For example, a pint is about 10 syns.

You can eat as much lean meat, fruit, veg, rice, eggs and pasta as you like, which covers a lot of things you would normally eat, these are classed as 'free' foods. You also have healthy extras such as healthy 'a' which covers dairy and healthy 'b' which covers things like cereal and bread. I use my healthy extras for breakfast when I have a bowl of cereal with some milk.

One of the main things is to not use oil when cooking and use low calorie cooking spray instead, which to be honest, once the food is cooked, you can't tell the difference.

Even if you don't go to the weekly meetings, try eating the same evening meals and have a read through some of her books and you should see it working too. Loads of really nice recipes in the books and magazine, and like I said, when you're eating it, you can't tell that its a Slimming World meal.

BlackCat88 said:
I'm doing it with my missus before we get married in September. I was sceptical about it at first but went along with her to see what it was like and I've got to say I'm enjoying it, and its now a lifestyle change rather than just a diet. I exercise much more now and really enjoy it and hate the thought of eating fatty, greasy foods.

There isn't anything special about it, its all about eating a healthy balanced diet and reducing your fat intake where ever possible.

There are a couple of different plans, and the one we do is called extra easy. That works by making sure you stick to within 15 'syns' per day, but you can be flexible with it throughout the week so some days you can have more 'syns' as long as you cut back a bit on other days. For example, a pint is about 10 syns.

You can eat as much lean meat, fruit, veg, rice, eggs and pasta as you like, which covers a lot of things you would normally eat, these are classed as 'free' foods. You also have healthy extras such as healthy 'a' which covers dairy and healthy 'b' which covers things like cereal and bread. I use my healthy extras for breakfast when I have a bowl of cereal with some milk.

One of the main things is to not use oil when cooking and use low calorie cooking spray instead, which to be honest, once the food is cooked, you can't tell the difference.

Even if you don't go to the weekly meetings, try eating the same evening meals and have a read through some of her books and you should see it working too. Loads of really nice recipes in the books and magazine, and like I said, when you're eating it, you can't tell that its a Slimming World meal.

I have to say like the scran has been lush so far.

I aint doing Slimming world but there chips are lush like.

Found this on a NHS site

Slimming World diet

Slimming World’s weight loss plan encourages you to swap high-fat foods for low-fat foods that are naturally filling. You choose your food from a list of low-fat foods they call 'Free Foods', such as fruit, vegetables, pasta, potatoes, rice, lean meat, fish and eggs, which you can eat in unlimited amounts. There’s no calorie counting, no foods are banned and you’re still allowed the occasional treat. You can get support from fellow slimmers at weekly group meetings and follow an exercise plan to become gradually more active. The plan is designed to help you lose about 1lb to 2lb a week.
Pros:
No foods are banned so meals offer balance and variety and are family-friendly. The portion size from each food group will vary depending which plan you follow. The 'Body Magic' booklet they provide gives ideas to help you raise your activity levels. Meeting as a group can provide valuable support.
Cons:
Slimming World doesn’t educate you about calories. Without having learned about calories and portion sizes, you may struggle to keep the weight off in the long term when you come off the programme.

That's what made me unsure at the beginning, but the food I'm eating now is so much nicer than what I used to have before.

I aint doing Slimming world but there chips are lush like.

Found this on a NHS site

Aye SW chips are fantastic, have them at least once a week. Sometimes put some piri piri seasoning on them before they go in the oven!

What are SW chips? Branded oven chips or something?

No, just home made chips basically.

Parboil some potatoes, cover a baking tray in some low calorie cooking spray, drain the potatoes and stick them on the tray, put a bit more low cal spray on the top with a bit of salt and stick them in the oven for 20/30 minutes until as crispy as you like them.

They are 'free' too so you can have as much as you like.

No, just home made chips basically.

Parboil some potatoes, cover a baking tray in some low calorie cooking spray, drain the potatoes and stick them on the tray, put a bit more low cal spray on the top with a bit of salt and stick them in the oven for 20/30 minutes until as crispy as you like them.

They are 'free' too so you can have as much as you like.

You don't really even need to parboil them and they're still healthy if you use a small amount of olive oil instead of the low cal spray. I tend to go with paprika when I do them.

You don't really even need to parboil them and they're still healthy if you use a small amount of olive oil instead of the low cal spray. I tend to go with paprika when I do them.

No you don't have to parboil them, but it makes them softer on the inside and crispier on the outside once cooked.

Olive oil is ok, but in SW terms, it uses at least 3 or 4 syns so isn't worth it really as they taste the same once cooked if using low cal spray.

Have done wedges with paprika on them, very nice indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back