Most Effective Diet To Lose Weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been struggling since Xmas to lose the 2 stone I heaved on myself over the festive period.

Need to lose 4 to be happy with myself again.

Which is the best way to do this?

http://teamripped.com/

Try the 1900 diet on there. I lost 32lb in 60 days following it. It is extreme, but trust me it works, plus I was never hungry!!!

The program admits itself that 80% of what they do on there is diet.

Aye, typed too quick. Really need to start reading over my spelling :lol:

Could have causes the lad some serious heartache there. :lol:

But there are loads of "good" ways to lose weight without much effort. It depends how concerned you about muscle retention (which is what gives you definition).

Been struggling since Xmas to lose the 2 stone I heaved on myself over the festive period.

Need to lose 4 to be happy with myself again.

Which is the best way to do this?

I would start with growing a pair of balls marra.

Im on 1600 calories a day. Weight is flying off like just dont eat anything past 8pm.

Are you exercising as well? Be careful as your metabolism will level out after a few weeks and you'll see little or no benefit to eating less.

Are you exercising as well? Be careful as your metabolism will level out after a few weeks and you'll see little or no benefit to eating less.

Aye i Do around 650 calories per session about 3 times a week but I do eat around 400 of them calories back.

Meals are bland like :lol:

2 slices of wholemeal toast
Apple Juice

Banana

Two wholemeal rolls with a half slice of turkey
Weightwatchers Yogurt
Two satsumas

Sprouts, Brocolli, Baby New potatoes, Carrots with either Cottage/Sheppards Pie, Grilled Chicken Breast, Fried Steak.

Maybe another yogurt, small biscuit, banana as a snack after tea.

Are you a 10 year old girl?

Had a health scare mate, give me a bit of a shock couple of months ago

If I were you, I'd start upping your kcals by about 150-200 per day every week to get a more sustainable level. If/when you stop training you'll just pile on the pounds again otherwise.

Crash dieting doesn't work for the long run.

If I were you, I'd start upping your kcals by about 150-200 per day every week to get a more sustainable level. If/when you stop training you'll just pile on the pounds again otherwise.

Crash dieting doesn't work for the long run.

My aim was to get to my weight, keep training but hopefully increase to usual 2500 a day, or is this not realistic?

You'll find you'll have lost a lot of muscle mass. I'm assuming when you mean losing weight, you actually just want to lose fat. Crash dieting causes your body to start burning muscle tissue for energy as well as fat, which is where it will undoubtably be coming from at the moment.

I'd do this plan a bit more slowly than simply starting one day with 2500kcal from being 900 lower the previous day. Like I said, up it by 100 per day every week would be my advice. You'd be surprised how quickly those weeks go by and you'll have longer lasting results.

Try the Exante diet Www.exante.com

I use another forum for exercise and dieting called Minimins (which uses Forum Runner) and I've heard nothing but good things about Exante.

gregthomas02 said:
Try the Exante diet Www.exante.com

I use another forum for exercise and dieting called Minimins (which uses Forum Runner) and I've heard nothing but good things about Exante.

Costs a fortune anarl, also uses meal replacement stuff.
Not saying it doesn't work just saying there is cheaper options.

Dieting is not as hard as people make out, calculate daily requirements, create a deficit, eat healthy protein options (lean steak mince, chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs etc ) there's loads of options, eat healthy carbs fruit, veg, oats, rice, pasta. Use wholemeal instead of white.

if you eat bread then use wheat as the best option, another really good option is burgan bread its low gi and made from soya and lindseed, otherwise just use wholemeal as a better option than white.

When I have meals I have I have a portion of protein and a portion of carb for at Least 3 if those meals.
(a portion of protein is the size if the palm of your hand, portion of carb is about the size of your fist)

Costs a fortune anarl, also uses meal replacement stuff.
Not saying it doesn't work just saying there is cheaper options.

Dieting is not as hard as people make out, calculate daily requirements, create a deficit, eat healthy protein options (lean steak mince, chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs etc ) there's loads of options, eat healthy carbs fruit, veg, oats, rice, pasta. Use wholemeal instead of white.

if you eat bread then use wheat as the best option, another really good option is burgan bread its low gi and made from soya and lindseed, otherwise just use wholemeal as a better option than white.

When I have meals I have I have a portion of protein and a portion of carb for at Least 3 if those meals.
(a portion of protein is the size if the palm of your hand, portion of carb is about the size of your fist)

Nothing wrong with white bread or 'high gi' foods if you want them. Amongst the fundamental problems I discussed in my 'Relevance of the glycemic index thread', the glycemic index also doesn't account for glycemic load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back