Most beautiful music album ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can’t think of many albums where I’ve used “beautiful” as its adjective. Recently maybe this one:
Logon or register to see this image

I'll probably get pelters from some but I know one or two on here will agree with me

Joy Division's Closer is a beautiful album in my humble opinion as long as you are prepared to look for the beauty within

Music wise: Pink Floyd The Wall.
Cover wise: Who gives a fuck.
Ironic given your statement that you choose an album with such a great front cover.
I like best the cover of some lp editions where the title was on a removable acetate, leaving no markings, front or back, so when opened up it forms one big massive unbroken wall.

Tapestry - Carol King
That's my hungover album! I don't think I've heard it all the way through when not a bit rough

Last edited:
Shack - HMS Fable
I remember buying this after listening to it on one of those listening posts in old HMVs (1998 iirc). I’d never heard of them before and thought the first few songs were beautiful, so made the purchase.

However, I also did this with Alanis Morrissette’s ‘Jagged Little Pill’, so it’s not always a successful way to buy albums....

I remember buying this after listening to it on one of those listening posts in old HMVs (1998 iirc). I’d never heard of them before and thought the first few songs were beautiful, so made the purchase.

However, I also did this with Alanis Morrissette’s ‘Jagged Little Pill’, so it’s not always a successful way to buy albums....
I was at college in Newcastle & used to go in Virgin on Northumberland St & do that. Spend hours listening to snippets of songs.

Depends on what you class as beautiful I suppose but I would include stuff like:
The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel
Pet Sounds - Beach Boys
The Queen is Dead - The Smiths
Electribal Memories - Electribe 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back