Morgan comments

I think England do need to invite families into the bubble but that will depend on their families own circumstances which may include having their own jobs, kids schooling, caring for others etc so it going to be applicable to some but not others so even then won't solve the full problem and may even increase tensions. The reason they do it is all down to money when Archer got caught sneaking home all the repercussions were about money and how much it would have cost the ecb had the test match been cancelled due to a Covid breakout. ultimately if they remove the bubbles people, Broadcasters and the relevant cricket boards will have to accept matches get cancelled or postponed and schedules tinkered with, ultimately its probably with the Broadcasters to decide

you're missing my point, rather than inviting families into the bubble, why have a bubble at all?

i get for the first set of matches, when this was new and not so well understood, and nobody but key workers were going to work. but for the last several months ( not sure how long, i've been working the whole time) people have been going into work anyway, with no need for a bubble.

during the bob willis trophy were dccc forced to live in a bubble? no.

are safc forced to live in a bubble? no.

do all the staff at wilkinsons have to live in a bubble? no.

you're missing my point, rather than inviting families into the bubble, why have a bubble at all?

i get for the first set of matches, when this was new and not so well understood, and nobody but key workers were going to work. but for the last several months ( not sure how long, i've been working the whole time) people have been going into work anyway, with no need for a bubble.

As i said in the post its about money. Football and cricket are completly different, football teams have squads of 25 even more if they need it they use it, Shakta Donestk tonight missing 13 players due to a Covid breakout had to play as it was Televised game and still beat Real Madrid. At our level Postponed games dont really have much implications financially at the minute or Tv issues wise, in cricket if you had 13 players going down from a touring side you wouldnt be able to play for two weeks that could be 2 tests lost or a whole odi/t20 series thats a load of money lost through TV revenue and rescheduling is pretty difiicult even a home side even losing 13 players would make it farcical too.
Again Durham and international games are two very different levels financially and competitively if Durham had an outbreak what would the real impact be other than not gaining points.

Was it Northants who had a game abandoned because a player tested positive during a game? The ECB won't want that to happen to a test, as @eddyfinn says they'd lose a fortune so they'll want to reduce the risk as much as possible.

As i said in the post its about money. Football and cricket are completly different, football teams have squads of 25 even more if they need it they use it, Shakta Donestk tonight missing 13 players due to a Covid breakout had to play as it was Televised game and still beat Real Madrid. At our level Postponed games dont really have much implications financially at the minute or Tv issues wise, in cricket if you had 13 players going down from a touring side you wouldnt be able to play for two weeks that could be 2 tests lost or a whole odi/t20 series thats a load of money lost through TV revenue and rescheduling is pretty difiicult even a home side even losing 13 players would make it farcical too.
Again Durham and international games are two very different levels financially and competitively if Durham had an outbreak what would the real impact be other than not gaining points.

or you could test all the players and know very quickly who to quarantine and who not to. in the bubble people were getting tested daily right? tms were going on about it alot, even they were getting daily tests iirc.

i'm not suggesting we suddenly take no precautions whatsover, but some middle ground must be reachable

or you could test all the players and know very quickly who to quarantine and who not to. in the bubble people were getting tested daily right? tms were going on about it alot, even they were getting daily tests iirc.

i'm not suggesting we suddenly take no precautions whatsover, but some middle ground must be reachable
I dont disagree but ultimately its not just up to the cricket boards, the Goverment of the Home side do too and it may be them who have the final say on it.

Back