More Debris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Handwich

Striker
Being thrown down by away fans according to facey groups. Surprised at Oxford like but all clubs have nutcases.When will the club put a stop to this. Apparently a bag of human shit was thrown by Portsmouth last season. How this was ascertained i'm unsure.

Saw a tweet by Northumbria Police. There was an arrest for it yesterday.

Being thrown down by away fans according to facey groups. Surprised at Oxford like but all clubs have nutcases.When will the club put a stop to this. Apparently a bag of human shit was thrown by Portsmouth last season. How this was ascertained i'm unsure.

Oxford fans at the pub generally seemed ok and they brought a few up, but the Pimms set from their city would rather watch their local heroes on the river. The footy team are bound to attract their share of local scatters. All teams do.

I think they need to start educating fans on the dangers of this to be honest. For the Portsmouth game, there was a 2-3 year old sat in the chair the flare hit. Luckily he was at the toilet at the time. The flare hit the folded up seat part, so would likely have hit the back of the kids head if he was in the seat at the time. I’m no expert but I wouldn’t have fancied the young lads chances with an impact at that speed and weight of the flare. The reaction of those around us at the Portsmouth game to it says all you need to know about how lucky we all are that the young lad needed the toilet when he did, and the inspector who attended the scene was very nearly assaulted by many individuals, such was the vitriol amongst our fans. I had to hold some lad back from the police for his own sake until he calmed down, for instance, or he’d have ended the game in a cell.

They need to reclassify throwing of objects as something more serious than some social disorder and a slap on the wrist. It could end up with someone getting seriously injured or killed.

I think they need to start educating fans on the dangers of this to be honest. For the Portsmouth game, there was a 2-3 year old sat in the chair the flare hit. Luckily he was at the toilet at the time. The flare hit the folded up seat part, so would likely have hit the back of the kids head if he was in the seat at the time. I’m no expert but I wouldn’t have fancied the young lads chances with an impact at that speed and weight of the flare. The reaction of those around us at the Portsmouth game to it says all you need to know about how lucky we all are that the young lad needed the toilet when he did, and the inspector who attended the scene was very nearly assaulted by many individuals, such was the vitriol amongst our fans. I had to hold some lad back from the police for his own sake until he calmed down, for instance, or he’d have ended the game in a cell.

They need to reclassify throwing of objects as something more serious than some social disorder and a slap on the wrist. It could end up with someone getting seriously injured or killed.

This. In an ideal world they’d get a 10 grand fine and if it hits someone an assault charge. Make an example of a few and hopefully it’ll stop.

Have we had a reply from the club as to why netting isn't/hasn't been installed. Because from my point of view there is no reason good enough as to why not.
This. In an ideal world they’d get a 10 grand fine and if it hits someone an assault charge. Make an example of a few and hopefully it’ll stop.
They made an example of the Portsmouth fan(not enough IMHO, i would have chopped a hand off) but it didn't stop it happening yesterday.

Last edited:

No. You don't create a crime based on the result. You base a crime based on the intention. It doesn't matter if someone is hit the intention was to hurt someone. All of them should be treated as though they hit someone

No. You don't create a crime based on the result. You base a crime based on the intention. It doesn't matter if someone is hit the intention was to hurt someone. All of them should be treated as though they hit someone

Like I said a ten grand fine is a good deterrent but if you want to throw them straight in the clink I’m of with that too :)

stupid the away fans being up there anyway regardless of their behaviour

must be a financial reason for it

but the club obviously are not listening

Surely it's simply a case of posting notices as to the consequences of throwing missiles, erecting a net, installing comprehensive HD CCTV and knowing who is sitting in every seat.

Oxford fans at the pub generally seemed ok and they brought a few up, but the Pimms set from their city would rather watch their local heroes on the river. The footy team are bound to attract their share of local scatters. All teams do.

Did they bring a banjo?

They are not the only scratters ,
has anyone noticed that as soon as the final whistle goes there is a lot of seagulls circling as they know there will be discarded grub for them to eat .
Nature eh?
See how I avoided using the term “flock of seagulls” to avoid smart arsed replies about 80 bands with rubbish hairstyles !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back