Montenegro for a Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going to Kotor in June via Podgorica. Looks nice.
Called in on a cruise which was fantastic to sail into through the Fjords. Church on an Island ringing their bell to exchange greetings to ship. Didn't have time to climb up to top of castle walls but could imagine in being a cracking view

Kotor is very nice. Was very few westerners there when we went, seemed to be somewhere Eastern Europeans with a bit money went on holiday to.

Going to Croatia in Sept and driving to Montenegro for a night. Don't know anything about it but looks nice

Kotor is quite like a mini Dubrovnik. Stayed for one day on a cruise a few years back. Not sure more than a couple of days is worth it though. Heading off on a boat would be good to do along the coastline.

Make good wine.

Went to Kotor a few years back and loved it. Beautiful country, affordable and good people.

Heading back again in April for 4 nights.

Kotor nice, Budva less so (though the old town was alright)

Train from Belgrade to Bar is phenomenally beautiful

I love Montenegro. I've driven for a nights stay from Dubrovnik and subsequently had a holiday driving the in the more mountainous regions in the north. kotor is awesome. Not only is it really beautiful but the locals really know how to have a good time. The durmitor mountains in the north are brilliant.we hiked there. One word of warning though, it takes much longer to drive anywhere than youd expect. The roads always twist and turn. Dubrovnik to kotor needs a night stay to make the most of it

Went on a day trip when we were in Croatia.

Kotor is lovely - I preferred it to Dubrovnik. Budva is very over-developed and full of gob-sh!te Russians.

It's dirt cheap for fags - about €25 for 200 - they use the Euro even though they're not part of the EU as they have no currency of their own.

Might have just been the places where I went, but when I asked for a large beer I got a 330ml glass. When I queried it I was told that was a large beer. Was about €2.50 so not particularly cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back