Monster Hunter World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never played any of them before but fancy giving this go, particularly in co op. Don't think I can justify paying top whack at the moment though

Looks great with hdr on and running on prioritise graphics so I dunno how you've come to that conclusion
Watching about 30 seconds of it on his 43 inch 4k HDR when I went to make sure he's done his homework earlier.

May have been where he was looking pretty mundane tbf. I honestly thought he was playing a free MMO.

I have never played any of the previous games however I must admit I am finding it seriously difficult to know what’s going on and what I’m meant to be doing

I have never played any of the previous games however I must admit I am finding it seriously difficult to know what’s going on and what I’m meant to be doing
It was decent imo just confusing. Probably go back to it when I can pick it up for much cheaper.

I've been a huge fan of MH since 3U so totally biased, but it's great.

Beat the end of low rank boss guy yesterday, great fun.

I'm still playing solo but hear the multiplayer is a bit of a drag, and Xbox servers are fucked. I expect they will patch multiplayer soon.

A few have mentioned it in the games this year thread.

May pick it up on my switch.

Not available on the Switch mate. PS4 and Xbox, PC in autumn.

There's a steep learning curve if you haven't played before but definitely worth the effort. I would keep it simple at first, pick an easy weapon like sword and shield or longsword, practice in the dojo (speak to the housekeeper to go there), fight Great Jagras and git gud.

Last edited:
Bought this on Monday so had a few days with it and really enjoying it. The gameplay and mechanics are fine after a short while of getting used to them.

Graphics are the biggest let down mainly with cut scenes but once you're actually playing it's not that noticeable especially when on a hunt as it's complete bedlam especially with three other players.

Reminds me a little bit of the recent Final Fantasy.

Did the final quest tonight. Ready for Picklesaurus

Reminds me a little bit of the recent Final Fantasy

Monster Hunter has been around since 2004. Toukiden, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XIV etc are copied from Monster Hunter.

Last edited:
Watched a few minutes of someone playing it (@Swinny14 I think) and the hit detection looked f***ing awful. The character was just walking through entire sections of the monster’s body.

Not my cup of tea though, so disregard my opinion tbh.

Watched a few minutes of someone playing it (@Swinny14 I think) and the hit detection looked f***ing awful. The character was just walking through entire sections of the monster’s body.

Not my cup of tea though, so disregard my opinion tbh.

Aye I got bored very quickly as it’s pretty much the same thing over and over again

How the fuck can you say it's the same thing over and over again? It's like saying call of duty is just shooting.

You can't walk through the monster unless it's dead.

Capcom's best selling game to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back