Monkey Pox

Its only contagious through long skin touching so hopefully will go as quick as it has arrived

Should be easily to eliminate

This isn’t necessarily true mate. It can be spread through other means, including coughs and sneezes from those infected.

I am interested to find out who these 56 cases are. Are they socially or demographically linked?

It seemed most cases were at first linked to the MSM community and so I assumed one sexual partner had it, passed it on and it had proliferated that way, through group encounters or someone with multiple partners.

56 seems like a high number though.

Last edited:
There no may. It did save hundreds of thousands of lives. end of, there's no debate on that. We really back here all over again parm. really ?
It's estimated that 15 million will die due to the knock on effect of restrictions, that's over double that died of Covid.

It's estimated that 15 million will die due to the knock on effect of restrictions, that's over double that died of Covid.

Got a link to that? I assume you’re referring to this WHO report but as ever you’ve either misunderstood it, or are wilfully misinterpreting it for bites

“Excess deaths” in this context does not necessarily mean that ALL the excess is caused by restrictions.

Some deaths WILL have been caused by restrictions but the excess also takes into account things like poor recording in the majority of countries.

Last edited:
It's an odd one, I'm not panicking just yet though. I think people need to just be a bit careful, don't go rolling around with anyone that has pus filled nasties would be my first bit of advice tbh.

Sadly not always that simple. It isn’t always immediately obvious that someone has it and the symptoms can be easily confused for other things. Some of the photos of monkeypox are horrifically bulbous and some just look like a small little spot.

Sadly not always that simple. It isn’t always immediately obvious that someone has it and the symptoms can be easily confused for other things. Some of the photos of monkeypox are horrifically bulbous and some just look like a small little spot.
Yeah I was being a bit facetious and remembered the bloody thing has a relatively lengthy incubation period.
I've seen a lot of the photos, Jesus some of them are bloody awful 😳. I haven't even had chickenpox man and I'm 46 (the bairn has had it and I lived in a household of 9 as a kid but managed to avoid it when it ripped through 6 of my siblings).

Back