WMS Monday Show: Sunderland defeated

It’s painful but worth a listen, just to consolidate all the shit that’s been thrown at us with this fixture. It’s a checklist of everything that the club fucked-upz

Interesting comments about low noise levels from Mag end. This has been a constant theme with them for a while with even them admitting things are quieter due to long-standing away attenders being prevented from attending due to ticket check on identity V the season card ticket was purchased against. Also I can’t imagine £600 BCB ticket holders being as radge as others. 720 happy clappers there!

It’s painful but worth a listen, just to consolidate all the shit that’s been thrown at us with this fixture. It’s a checklist of everything that the club fucked-upz

Interesting comments about low noise levels from Mag end. This has been a constant theme with them for a while with even them admitting things are quieter due to long-standing away attenders being prevented from attending due to ticket check on identity V the season card ticket was purchased against. Also I can’t imagine £600 BCB ticket holders being as radge as others. 720 happy clappers there!

wasnt there only £4k on general sale to them and the rest held back for corporate?

From the North East Corner, they did sound quiet /a lot quieter than 6k should have sounded in that end.

Lower section was made up of about two thirds 50 plus blokes. The upper tier looked a lot more livelier.

Mag friend of mine who went was one of the first in, said that those who got there earlier ended up in the upper tier and he himself thought that the general away atmosphere was very poor.

Have to say, One of your best podcast to date.. There is not much that anyone could disagree with. One thing though, It has put into perspective just how low , not through the game itself, our fan base must feel today to have been let down by our Club, sorry ownership, to the extent we have shows to me at least the utter contempt they "management group " feel towards us .

Great show 👏
I don't normally agree with Gareth but he was spot on.

It didn't really get discussed too much but Stephen made a great point about how sanitised the mags supporters were. They were the most placid 6k supporters I've heard, or actually not heard. I think already the prawn sandwich brigade are taking over.
1,000 of their tickets were given to influencers, bloggers and all that kind of shit in the “ballot”. Add in the 720 corporates and that sanitised their support massively.

This is tremendous. Very grim but real. Even James Hunter seemed pissed off by the situation which speaks volumes, as he sometimes seems emotionally detached.

Can’t argue with that. We didn’t try to change the way we played and to be so predictable immediately after half-time well, we were our own worst enemies.
Gareth is also spot-on with the “everybody knew apart from one person” bit regarding the off the field issues prior

Last edited:
The last two Monday Night Shows have, to borrow Gareth's phrase, marked a 'paradigm shift'. Superbly insightful and a great listen. I would urge every single safc fan to listen and reflect - the whistle has blown on what safc, and the derby, used to be.
When Steven was asking people not to be so naive with regards to what “the club” say should surely resonate but it won’t with many

Back