Moeen Ali

Was he right?

I normally come down hard at players who say such shit.

But Modern is a top bloke and a class cricketer with a beautiful beard.

I am more likely to side with him for said such reasons.

Last edited:
I think criticism goes ott sometimes and I thought it did with moeen. He might have had a bad run but not that far previous to that his bowling and batting performances were top class. He's a top player.
How many top performances has he had with the bat or ball

I think criticism goes ott sometimes and I thought it did with moeen. He might have had a bad run but not that far previous to that his bowling and batting performances were top class. He's a top player.
Agree,Moeen came into the test side as a very inexperienced spinner an soon excelled. There was then a lot of pressure on him in a very intensive programme. Eventually he became exhausted with a resultant loss of form. He then admitted he needed to have time out to recharge. He was being honest. Not like Bairstow who hoyed his toys out of the pram because he was deservedly dropped.

Agree,Moeen came into the test side as a very inexperienced spinner an soon excelled. There was then a lot of pressure on him in a very intensive programme. Eventually he became exhausted with a resultant loss of form. He then admitted he needed to have time out to recharge. He was being honest. Not like Bairstow who hoyed his toys out of the pram because he was deservedly dropped.
His record is awful especially in odis

Looks like he'll play tomorrow.

Reading an article in Times this morning where he says he is ready to return the test side in SL. Whilst I think he gets into the squad given his talents and the conditions, I do hope he isn't just parachuted back in the 11. Both Bess and Leach, providing his recovery from the sepsis is complete, deserve to continue in the side.

Looks like he'll play tomorrow.

Reading an article in Times this morning where he says he is ready to return the test side in SL. Whilst I think he gets into the squad given his talents and the conditions, I do hope he isn't just parachuted back in the 11. Both Bess and Leach, providing his recovery from the sepsis is complete, deserve to continue in the side.
Sorry but can't agree with that.

Test Cricket, you play your best side, no exceptions. Especially since we need a 3-0 here to have any chance of progressing in the WTC.

Moeen is the best spinner in the country. He plays.

This is how feel too. I dont have to look far. My nephew couldn't say a good word about him. "Shite part time bowler who is a hit and miss batter". Even when he was doing well. He couldn't give him any praise and couldn't wait for a bad game to stick the oar in. I guess other people thought like this.
How many top performances has he had with the bat or ball

Case in point.

You f***ing what? Are you serious?
Umpteen. :rolleyes:

His record some years, he's was especially good batting at 8 - exceptional actually. Then the traditional cries come up to move him to number 3.

I dunno why you even tried to respond in a constructive way. Anyone who thinks Mo hasn't put any top performances in with bat and ball... need to quite frankly give up watching the sport.

Last edited:

Back