Moeen Ali

cooky

Winger
Takes break from all formats of cricket as per Sky Sports. Fingers crossed some time away gets his head right as he has look shot to bits for a good while now.

Good lad, great player on his day and an icon for up and coming cricketers of Pakistani descent. I hope he comes back firing on all cylinders on his return.
Definitely, his loss of form is a massive miss. Very good on his day, his bowling had come on leaps and bounds until recently aswell.

Too much cricket, players need to be looked after in terms of time off given when needed. As people said Ali has needed a break for a while

Poor lad needs a break, played some great knocks and has had some brilliant bowling figures over the last couple of years. Hope the break does him good, and he comes back the player he once was.

I think being dropped from the WC team really hurt him. Hope he comes back as he’s a real talent when on top of his game.

I think being dropped from the WC team really hurt him. Hope he comes back as he’s a real talent when on top of his game.

Me too. I think he probably felt like he deserved more faith - all the others had it, including Rashid. It was very much a back the team that got us to number one mentality, apart from with him.

Wasn't his fault mind, the pitches were much more nibbly than the roads everyone expected, so we didn't need two spinners.
Apparently Simon Harmer from Essex qualifies to play for England next year.

How the fuck does that happen, hasn't he already played a test?
Looks completely burnt out, a shame as he’s a lovely option to have at no.8 when he’s on his game.

He'll get another chance when we play on turning wickets abroad. They'll want a spinner who can bat - and he'll be first port of call, because he turns it the other way to Leach.

Last edited:
Me too. I think he probably felt like he deserved more faith - all the others had it, including Rashid. It was very much a back the team that got us to number one mentality, apart from with him.

Wasn't his fault mind, the pitches were much more nibbly than the roads everyone expected, so we didn't need two spinners.

He'll get another chance when we play on turning wickets abroad. They'll want a spinner who can bat - and he'll be first port of call, because he turns it the other way to Leach.

Not sure just heard Vaughan mention it on TMS.

Bonkers that like. No way he should be able to ever play for England.

Bonkers that like. No way he should be able to ever play for England.

Correct, though seems they are at pains to say he's just a net bowler.

Good luck to them finding a net bowler that can replicate Jof. And even if they could, who would be mad enough to pad up!

Back