modern words+expressions that you can't stand

"needs gone" said by a charva selling a lawnmower on Facebook
Haha class, the charva selling style also means they have to lie about the age, value of the item and how long they have owned it.
' 60 inch Toshiba tv only had it 3month was 1299 just askin for 799' when it is clearly 5-6 year old tv.
Dropping the 's' on the month also infuriating

"needs gone" said by a charva selling a lawnmower on Facebook

"Needs a clean" - f***ing clean it then

"Has a fault but these kind of things are an easy fix" - Why haven't you done it then?

"Item is in perfect condition apart from this thing I'll mention at the end that renders it utterly fucked."

"Here's a fridge that doesn't operate as a fridge and the repair would cost about as much as a f***ing fridge. Essentially what I'm selling is an ungainly cupboard that smells vaguely of stale milk."

"I'm selling this dress for a tenner, because it's worth going to this trouble of parading myself in several photos, some of which seem unnecessarily seductive just for the cost of a takeaway, I'm not a complete attention whore, honest."

"I can't accept this telly is broken and needs to go to the tip. Please give me some money for it."

Last edited:
Bae 🤷‍♂️

“we was” instead of “we were” (thick cockneys bringing this one in)

agree on “axe” instead of “ask”

not really a new one but I hate the term “the bairn” shudder!

Guys, especially if referring to both male and female

At this point in time, Blame Glenn Hoddle for this

Turned around and said. So they had their back to you did they?
I've always visualised someone spinning 360 on the spot before speaking

Not particularly modern but I hate expressions like "Gob-smacked" "Gutted" etc, makes me cringe

Also people who litter their conversations with filler like "at the end of the day" or use pointless phrases like "take no prisoners"
G.O.A.T
"-----" is a vibe
People who say irregardless
So this one knars^, totally on point and I'm not even lying

Also Tenderhooks.

I think at least 50% of the population do not understand that Bought is Buy and Brought is Bring, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Exactly. It’s f***ing bizarre.

And now, the stupid twats end sentences that aren’t questions with a question mark.
Bae 🤷‍♂️

“we was” instead of “we were” (thick cockneys bringing this one in)

agree on “axe” instead of “ask”

not really a new one but I hate the term “the bairn” shudder!

The bairn is a good County Durham, Northumberland, Scottish word of Scandinavian derivation.

Not particularly modern but I hate expressions like "Gob-smacked" "Gutted" etc, makes me cringe

Also people who litter their conversations with filler like "at the end of the day" or use pointless phrases like "take no prisoners"

Also Tenderhooks.

I think at least 50% of the population do not understand that Bought is Buy and Brought is Bring, not the other way around.

That “Turned around and said.” nonsense was the subject of a brilliant “two blokes in a pub” sketch by Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse.
“Devastated”...I dropped my sandwich and I was devastated.

Last edited:
Pre-loved. I saw this on ebay used by people who are selling second hand shite. They describe it as being "pre-loved" instead of old crap that they don't want anymore.
Adults calling other adults “kid” or “youngin’”

Not sure if it’s modern, but it’s lifting behaviour regardless.
Some trackie wearing charver on a bike rode past me the other week and shouted "alreet youngun" in my direction. I'm 56 and he was late teens /early 20's. It's happened a few times. "alreet wor kid" is another one.
Cockwomble
Lusharoony

I've seen them used on here.

Last edited:
crimbo
hollibobs
the hubby🤢
blankie(for blanket)
side hustle
life hack
"comedy" names for Facebook and twitter - farcebook, twatter, facebore, pyetbook etc
double down
she/her, they/their :rolleyes:
turned round and said
I'm not being funny but....
absolutely
5 sleeps before benidorm
eee whats up hun
date night
cheeky nandos
dirty fries

Probably lerds more :lol:
pee jays
There's a video on the last page of the bullying thread of a bully getting his comeuppance & one of the comments is "love this".

The reply?? "Absolutely". 🤦‍♂️

Also Tenderhooks.

It’s tenterhooks not tenderhooks

Back