Mixed Walking Football - 55 years and over

D.A

Striker
Hi all, the Foundation of light have some walking football sessions on a Tuesday and we're trying to build attendance. If anyone is interested, please get in touch.

I can't understand how walking football works. Surely you'd just burst into a trot without being able to stop yourself at times? Especially if you are fairly able to still.

I am confused.how do I smash someone in half at walking pace? I am 64
Seriously, if I run too fast do I get told to slow down?

I am interested
Yeh you'd get reminded to stop running!

This mornings session was good fun, Ken who delivers the session is excellent and he's a young 65+. Next session is in the new year.
I got a text from somebody or association asking if i wanted to take up sessions. I could do the walking, but, as i've always been, i'd be crap at the football.

Not for me though.
Try it, bet you'll surprise yourself.
Haven't tried this but will sooner or later, started pickleball (which is great fun btw) and immediately an old achilles injury flares up, I think I might be getting old!
We also do pickleball at the beacon! Get yourself along to walking footie.
I can't understand how walking football works. Surely you'd just burst into a trot without being able to stop yourself at times? Especially if you are fairly able to still.
It was good fun this morning, hard to slow down!

Last edited:

This mornings session was good fun, Ken who delivers the session is excellent and he's a young 65+. Next session is in the new year.

Pleased it went well mate. Impossible to play tho. Too competitive. :lol:

Wasn't having a go at it DA. Just having a bit of fun.
I'm happy for any olde codgers and cdger-eses to try to keep some level of fitness.
Cycling and a few weights to the job for me.

I play footy at Wingate school on a Wednesday and there’s always a group of old boys on the pitch next to us playing this, it gets quite feisty surprisingly. Definitely something I’d do when I’m old enough. My knees are already gone, so already half way there to playing :lol:

Back