Mitchell Johnson - still has nightmares over the ashes

elder

Striker
Mitchell Johnson is still suffering from the lashing he got from england fans during the ashes... i laughed my cock off when he got done first ball in sydney and the chant reverberated around the ground, but sport is sport and to see him suffering over it a decade later is pretty sad.

Seems a very likeable bloke actually, as do most of the Aussies I hated as players. It’s almost as if they’re regular people that were just exceptionally good at their jobs. 😁

It's weird there's loads of Aussie players that seem like sound blokes once they've retired.

And on the other hand, there's loads of our lot who I loved as players who come across as complete tits once they'd retired.

Mitchell Johnson is still suffering from the lashing he got from england fans during the ashes... i laughed my cock off when he got done first ball in sydney and the chant reverberated around the ground, but sport is sport and to see him suffering over it a decade later is pretty sad.

Yeah, sad that he hasn't been able to let it go.

But any excuse for this

This. He got his own back in 13/14 when he was exceptional.

It was funny as fuck at the time though, but I can't believe he was unaware of how the Barmy Army will get on any Aussie player's back for absolutely anything, they even did it to Brett Lee when he was playing well.
In the interview linked he doesn't say it was a surprise or anything like that, just that it really got to him, I don't think it's the first time I've heard him saying he was singing along in his head which can't be a good place to be. He always looked like he had a fragile confidence about his game but it's quite a sad interview, sounds like he's a lot more fragile than just with regards to the sport.

They mostly do but when they cross the rope they turn into a set of f***ing arseholes.
Johnson nowhere near as bad as Anderson mind who’s a right gobshite.

No issue with it to be honest providing it doesn’t cross the line.

Remember being a skinny little 15 year old at silky playing against your dad who was playing for Boldon. I’m standing middle of pitch hands on hips moaning on and was told to get back you my mark in no uncertain terms by him 🤣

Never realised he was Aussies 4th top wicket taker ever in tests!

Some good bowlers behind him, considering the tests where he bowled poor and got stick.

Most of done canny it the tests he played well!!

I sort of admired him at the time because he used to dish it out and take it, and had the strength of character to come back and destroy us after his previous Ashes calamities.

It's a bit disingenuous, though, to cite Barmy Army pisstaking as a main cause of his self confidence / mental health issues during his playing career. He would've been well aware that the chant was very much tongue-in-cheek with no malice. Whatever issues he had were there well before the 2009 Ashes - you don't get so much self-doubt from just one song at the test match.

He's always come across, off the field, as a decent person, albeit looking a little shell-shocked at Headingley last year! I hope he is receiving the help and support now that he clearly needed some years ago.

Johnson nowhere near as bad as Anderson mind who’s a right gobshite.

No issue with it to be honest providing it doesn’t cross the line.

Remember being a skinny little 15 year old at silky playing against your dad who was playing for Boldon. I’m standing middle of pitch hands on hips moaning on and was told to get back you my mark in no uncertain terms by him 🤣

Had you clocked early doors then :lol:
Was it a double teapot by any chance? You loved one of them and must have been your best pose at Littletown!

Back