Misheard Lyrics

My sister always thought Paul Young sang 'Everytime you go away, you take a piece of meat with you'.

I always had visions of some fella popping round for a cuppa, then raiding the fridge on the way out, hoying a leg of lamb over his shoulder.

I also thought Madonna was a racist. In La Isla Bonita I was sure she sang 'I fell in love with some dago.'

Last edited:
I'm so lonely, that's okay, I shaved my head
And I'm not sad
And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've heard
But I'm not sure
I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there
And I don't care
I'm so horny, that's okay
My Willie's good

Michael Jackson (or is it the Jacksons?)

Get down, to the Post Office
Don't stop till you get enough

I still don't know what the right lyric is and I still hear this every time

I don’t know why I’m re-reading this thread. I read this (above) and thought “I’m not the only one then”

Then I read on further to somebody replying to it and realised the above was posted by …. Me!

It’s such an unusual occurrence for me to agree with myself that I needed to comment.

And now I’m thinking “I’d better just skim the thread in case I’ve already replied to myself, replying to myself already.”

It’s shit getting old and losing your mind.

Last edited:
My brother in law thought the Weather Girls hit was "It's Raining Mad". He talked about the times he would go on the dance floors ot bars and clubs in Sunderland with his mate and dance energetically to it. Until we pointed out what the they were singing.

Back