RAWA Minutes from recent supporter's collective meeting with SAFC

It was a shocking defensive answer from him like . That is deflection at it's worst.

It’s the fact he thought it a credible answer that should worry us.
I think he’s just ran out of bullshit he can spin to protect his boss.
He’s insulting us in the process and the f he’s not careful he is going to become the target of very loud and personal criticism

It’s the fact he thought it a credible answer that should worry us.
I think he’s just ran out of bullshit he can spin to protect his boss.
He’s insulting us in the process and the f he’s not careful he is going to become the target of very loud and personal criticism
It's the reason I can't even bare to see a photo of him , never mind listen to him. If he has nothing to spend then we are fucked , and the same if he has money in truth.

Clarke , and poss more , will go , and more cheap shit will come in . They really need to know fans feelings, as if they didn't already, but Dufus will not give a shite anyway. Love to know how his beloved Marseille fans would have reacted if he did what he has done here to them.

We get knocked back when they get to the point of discussing wages!it really is that simple..Experienced players of worth will only accept the going rate for their level ..We pay bottom ten championship wages so thats all we can attract so we opt for kids!.. until that changes were going nowhere......three -four windows they have failed to provide the team with a championship standard striker and speakman comes out with that bollocks!..its fekking shambolic!!!!!!!
Nail on head m8👏
He's both defended the system and tried to play up the level of experience we currently have/have signed and resigned, then later admitted it's maybe not what's needed (and the forwards arent) with the large hint towards Kieffer Moore (I presume) as the over 30 striker and the figures they were trying to lay out on two strikers during the window.

I had to laugh when he started mentioning how fans can be disconnected (or however he worded it) when the progress isn't obvious on the field and it doesn't mean we're still not progressing at a good rate and then cited the ladies team, AoL etc. F*cking hell man 😀
Blokes a complete chancer , a poll needs to be done on his popularity!

Last edited:
Well said. The away fans shouid never have been put up there in the first place and apart from the missile throwing etc. they are in the most dominant stand in the stadium. The lack of respect to the fans (ie uneducated cash cows in their opinion it seems on the surface). Lots of supporters outside the hardcore ones will very soon be just saying ‘enough is enough’.

This season has been an absolute shambles on and off the pitch and has destroyed all the feelgood factor that followed winning the 2022 play off final.

It doesn’t seem to matter what regime is in charge of SAFC that we just continually shoot ourselves in the foot with poor decision making.

It all needs to change quickly or many will walk away,
I agree with everything a[art from many will walk away which won’t happen.

There's an element in the fan base who think any player approached will come running, whereas that's simply not the case. I'd bet we get knocked back more often than not.
You’ve got to ask why a club like Ipswich is more attractive than us? Obviously because of their current league position & playing style. And why would that be? I wonder…………

Wigan finished bottom last yr and their midfield had 2 25 yr olds and the rest were all over 30.

Monaco in France have the lowest average age is 23.7 and they are 3rd
Lecce in Italy 23.8 and are mid table
Arsenal have the 2nd lowest average age in England
So why are we so poor then ?

There's an element in the fan base who think any player approached will come running, whereas that's simply not the case. I'd bet we get knocked back more often than not.
Pretty condescending view, I don’t know any supporter who thinks that.

But as a general point if you offer peanuts in comparison to other clubs you will get monkeys.

4th lowest wage bill in the division. I suppose we could outbid Rotherham. 👍

But as a general point if you offer peanuts in comparison to other clubs you will get monkeys.

Apparently according to some on here the 4th lowest wage bill coupled with the highest attendances puts us in a great position !!
Not sure what for unless they think we can be promoted by default as all the rest go bust.

I don’t know many who think that either. I very much doubt we have the 4th lowest wage bill in the league although nobody actually knows. The figures (incorrect) that went about were based on us in league one.

You’ve got to ask why a club like Ipswich is more attractive than us? Obviously because of their current league position & playing style. And why would that be? I wonder…………
I think KLD and Speakman are the reason most (except desperate kids) will avoid our club.

I don’t know many who think that either. I very much doubt we have the 4th lowest wage bill in the league although nobody actually knows. The figures (incorrect) that went about were based on us in league one.
Either way we aren’t competing near the other end.

Let’s grow some balls. We are the biggest club outside the premier league.

We have the heritage, infrastructure (that needs investment) in place and a loyal fan base second to none (given the past 80 years).

We are the least arrogant fan base in the country but as a club we deserve better than being run as a mid table championship puppy farm.

We have the heritage, infrastructure (that needs investment) in place and a loyal fan base second to none (given the past 80 years).

We are the least arrogant fan base in the country but as a club we deserve better than being run as a mid table championship puppy farm.

Except the parachute clubs, all those are spending more than 100% of their income on wages. You really think that's a good idea? Even UEFA think that's daft.

I'm not really buying your arguement here. I don't think we should be more like Wigan, in the same vein that I don't want the team to be made up of 70 year olds, which is the logic you are accusing me of. Wanting more experience in the team, equated with age/time spent as a professional football, is not the same as wanting to have the oldest possible team.

All the other teams you mention have higher average ages than us. Arsenal significantly so.
In fact Arsenal should be a an example for us- there is a much better blend of experience and youth- with a healthy focus on youth.

I don't know anything about Lecce but the closest to us in age being 'Monaco' is interesting because we currently have 4 young players on the books (and another two who left last summer), who have come from the French leagues, none of whom have shown themselves to be of a consistently adequate quality for the championship. Monaco's success might say more about the general quality of the French leagues than about the benefits of playing youth.

The brutal facts of our problem- regarding our hyperfocus on youth players- is our league position. And I think this is demonstrated by achieving better results earlier in the season and last season when more experienced players were mixed into the squad.
I like the young squad
To go on from here and replace players like Clarke, we need to get better players than what we have bought so far, maybe 22-25 yr olds who have shown more consistency.
Our main problem, imo, is that young teams need to believe in their manager. They did with TM, someone who had experience. They seem a bit rudderless at the moment.

Amazing how many make excuses for us being absolutely shite .

Basically we have an untrustworthy owner, a recruitment bloke who states some of our inexperienced players are experienced, a policy of offloading anyone on a decent wage or actually good at footy and a ground that's been a struggle to upkeep as it's too close to the sea.

We have attendances all clubs bar a dozen in the land would love , one of the lowest wage bills, a stadium to host concerts and a good proportion of games on tv.

Last edited:
Its all about the blend of experience and youth ultimately, and we weren’t too far away from it last season but with Evans out, Pritchard, Batth and Gooch gone we lost that balance.
I know most people think this. I just think it’s easy to say this when we aren’t playing well.
The main issue is they need a strong manager they believe in.
Arguably our best performance this season was v saints, when L09 and Dack were our experienced players and Dack probably the worst on the pitch for us.
Our worst performance I’ve ever seen was Bolton away. That had all the players you long after - Evans , bath gooch and Pritchard all playing.
This young team , even when performing poorly, have never given up like that team of more experienced players, the players that somehow our fans now think would make things better !

Last edited:

Some of our fans are absolutely shit scared to show any ambition.

So why are we so poor then ?
Poor managers.
They need someone to believe in. Beale and Dodds aren’t it.
We wouldn’t be here with TM still in charge, though we would be struggling, as when Clarke is out we have no one who can produce a bit of magic (well occasionally Bellingham).
Poor signings, poor managerial appointments.
I can understand the Beale appointment, as KS thought this young team just needed coaching well.
They don’t, they need to be inspired. At the moment when playing v us, all a team has to do is play with a bit of urgency as atm we are so tentative

My opinion anyway mate - I know it’s not with everyone else’s

Back