Minor things that really annoy you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuinely too many things to type out. Be a shorter list if I named things I don’t find annoying. No way I’m making 30 because I’m constantly f***ing raging.

I think most of my hates could be narrowed down into a subcategory of people not having any f***ing awareness or interest in anything beyond their own tiny bubble of immediate affect.

Are you suggesting that people coming onto the slip road on a motorway should stop?

if needs be they should. the onus is on the vehicle joining to do so safely, sometimes you can't move over and risk a rear end shunt by braking to let someone on. i was taught that if you do anything that causes another road user to change speed or direction is a fail under test conditions.

Women at petrol stations who don't realise the long rubber hose is long enough so that you don't have to block a forecourt waiting for a particular pump.

And Winston wolf.
And house alarms and car alarms.
Pointless.
Does anyone hear an alarm go off and think 'oh my god, there is a robbery'?
Men are just as bad at the petrol pumps.

Burglar alarms that call you and/or the police are not pointless at all.
To use a slip road correctly you need to accelerate until your speed matches the traffic on the road you are joining and then safely join the traffic at the same speed as them. It isn't the same as an angled t junction. If the traffic isn't considerate enough to move out or slow down to allow you to enter then they will be at fault for the accident of they rear end you.

If you just swipe into the side of them, then yes you probably should have slowed down to let them past.

I bet you think you have right of way when turning left onto a minor road and there is a pedestrian crossing in front of you as well.
It's a give way line on a sliproad.

Like any junction.

You have no right to force your way onto the carriageway.

Last edited:
Men are just as bad at the petrol pumps.

Burglar alarms that call you and/or the police are not pointless at all.

It's a give way line on a sliproad.

Like any junction.

You have no right to force your way onto the carriageway.
To use a slip road correctly you need to accelerate until you reach the same speed as the traffic and then move safely into the traffic mate. Safely is the operative word and you need to be careful, but the cars coming up behind you need to allow you to enter from the junction safely otherwise the junction wont work. If you aren't helping people to enter a slip road when they need to be both looking over their shoulder to assess the gap and looking forward to see what happens information front, then you're doing it wrong.

When you ask someone in work (an apprentice) to go find you something and the first thing they say is where is it.

If I f***ing knew I’d have stopped what I was doing and got it myself...

People who say they can’t find something if it isn’t in their immediate eye line.

Apprentices basically

To use a slip road correctly you need to accelerate until you reach the same speed as the traffic and then move safely into the traffic mate. Safely is the operative word and you need to be careful, but the cars coming up behind you need to allow you to enter from the junction safely otherwise the junction wont work. If you aren't helping people to enter a slip road when they need to be both looking over their shoulder to assess the gap and looking forward to see what happens information front, then you're doing it wrong.

Stopping on a slip road or acceleration lane is so dangerous. It means everyone behind the person that does it is starting from a standing start rather than merging.

Other daft things that get me are people picking something up in a supermarket, changing their minds and then just dumping it somewhere else. I’ve seen fresh stuffed dumped in freezers and vice versa. Last week some fat mess picked something up in Wilko at Arnison Centre in the till queue then just dumped it on the next display when she could have put it back without moving her feet.

Let someone else sort out me being a lazy twat!

Can tell who the good drivers are on this thread and who the 'everyone else is an idiot can't you see I'm driving here's brigade are.

If someone is coming down a slip road, and you see them, and make no attempt to either move over, slow down or speed up to make a gap, to the point where the car on the slip road has to actually stop dead, then you are a dickhead and a shit driver

I'm master at letting people merge in without effecting those behind me. It's called being aware of your surroundings and courteous. The adjoining car should never have to just barge it's way over.

If someone is coming down a slip road, and you see them
What if you don't see them? What if they fly down the sliproad and try to undertake you and force their way in front of you. No effort on their behalf to match their speed to the traffic already on the road. No thought of giving priority to traffic already on the carriageway (Highway Code).

You then have to brake to let them in because there's someone level with you in the outside lane. You can't pull out and there's a real possibility that someone could rear-end you. Who is a dickhead and a shit driver in that scenario?

Because that's a scenario that happens nearly every day on the a19 and a690.

I've also had situations when I've pulled into the outside lane to let someone in from a sliproad and they've immediately accelerated to keep pace with me, meaning I can't get back in to the inside lane without either breaking the speed limit to get ahead of them or slowing down in the outside lane to pull in behind them (not the safest of manoeuvres). Who is the dickhead and shit driver in that scenario?

I always try to let people in where possible but some people really do take the piss and just barge their way onto the road with no thought or consideration for vehicles that are already there. They're the ones I have an issue with.

I'm afraid the insurance company and the police would beg to disagree
They would agree.
Its about some to post the rules man! This backs up my point perfectly.
Its about some to post the advice man! This backs up my point perfectly.

Last edited:
Bartering for stuff. If there’s a price next to it, then that’s how much it is. End of.
Technically incorrect. The price is just an offer the prospective buyer makes. The vendor can then accept that offer or not. Every transaction, at least in the UK, has three stages. E & OE, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back