Minimum Specs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silas80

Winger
Bit of a noob question as I haven't been a PC gamer for years, decades even due to having pcs/ laptops with average graphics cards but just fancy buying GTA V on the cheap to mess around with mods and that.

Question is do "minimum specs" mean that if your graphics card, GPU etc. fall below it does that mean you can't play it at all or just that it will be a shite framewise etc?

Just that I've seen a few vids on you tube of people playing it using my graphics card and it looks fine, but sites like "Can you run it" say I pretty much can't.

It's the minimum spec the makers would say is 'acceptable'.

You can still play it below spec but it won't be great.

Also the ppl with your Gfx card may have other, much better components making up the difference.

Mods often require more power out of machines than the manufacturers recommendations. I would advise something more powerful than the recommended specs.

Ah, the mods requiring "something more powerful than the recommended specs" kind of just rules it out then.

Bollocks. :(

Cheers anyway lads.

Ah, the mods requiring "something more powerful than the recommended specs" kind of just rules it out then.

Bollocks. :(

Cheers anyway lads.
It's not binary though. You can still play games, but they wont be as fast a frame rate, or you'll have to reduce the quality. For quite a few years I was happy to play games 20-30fps and I wasn't bothered. Maybe you'll be the same.

What's your specs?

It's not binary though. You can still play games, but they wont be as fast a frame rate, or you'll have to reduce the quality. For quite a few years I was happy to play games 20-30fps and I wasn't bothered. Maybe you'll be the same.

What's your specs?

Tbh I was only really interested in playing GTA V as it was only a tenner in Asda, and I just fancied messing around with the mods.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 7520 laptop, Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU 2.20GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7730M and 8gb of ram.

Bit of a noob question as I haven't been a PC gamer for years, decades even due to having pcs/ laptops with average graphics cards but just fancy buying GTA V on the cheap to mess around with mods and that.

Question is do "minimum specs" mean that if your graphics card, GPU etc. fall below it does that mean you can't play it at all or just that it will be a shite framewise etc?

Just that I've seen a few vids on you tube of people playing it using my graphics card and it looks fine, but sites like "Can you run it" say I pretty much can't.
You will be able to. Just probably have reduce resolution etc

Got it, looks great... laggy as fuck when driving :lol: :cry: Although weirdly it didn't seem to matter what resolution I had, didn't get that much worse or better framerate wise. Apart from the fact you could probably fry an egg on my laptop when above 860x640.

Last edited:
Got it, looks great... laggy as fuck when driving :lol: :cry: Although weirdly it didn't seem to matter what resolution I had, didn't get that much worse or better framerate wise. Apart from the fact you could probably fry an egg on my laptop when above 860x640.

You can buy my laptop for £850 if you want, it runs GTAV class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back