Mince Pie Count

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date

@CakeLady - the NJ is the clue... I live in a town called Summit about 20 miles from NYC
👍 Clues (and jokes) often pass me by I'm afraid 🤦‍♀️😂
I've actually changed my opinion on mince pies since starting this thread. The first one I ate was dry with nothing on it. Didn't like it. Then I had 2 a few days later drenched in brandy cream .... very nice and moist. Yesterday we tried brandy butter on hot ones, again nice. So I'm up to 4 in total now.
Still nil.
Will this change do you think @niceonemarra ?

Last edited by a moderator:
👍 Clues (and jokes) often pass me by I'm afraid 🤦‍♀️😂
I've actually changed my opinion on mince pies since starting this thread. The first one I ate was dry with nothing on it. Didn't like it. Then I had 2 a few days later drenched in brandy cream .... very nice and moist. Yesterday we tried brandy butter on hot ones, again nice. So I'm up to 4 in total now.

Will this change do you think @niceonemarra ?
Well done.
It's a start, @CakeLady, but you really need to up your game, and get stuck in to those pies. 👍
Some are quite bland, but some are very moreish, and one (box) simply won't do.
Aldi and Lidl, are very good, for quality mince pies. 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done.
It's a start, @CakeLady, but you really need to up your game, and get stuck in to those pies. 👍
Some are quite bland, but some are very moreish, and one (box) simply won't do.
Aldi and Lidl, are very good, for quality mince pies. 😉
I will certainly give it a good go!
The ones we have had were Tesco Finest, but I will look out for the ones in shops you recommend too, thank you 😁

Found some Crosse and Blackwell mincement at my local store this afternoon. Bought two jars so my mince pie consumption will increase significantly over the coming days.

Client gave me Sainsbury Taste the difference (or whatever the posh range is called) and it was fantastic.

Another gave me an iced Morrisons one and it was just pure sugar.

Found some Crosse and Blackwell mincement at my local store this afternoon. Bought two jars so my mince pie consumption will increase significantly over the coming days.
Unfortunately I am still at a solid zero on the old pie count, and I do not see that changing any time soon. Maybe next year when I am home for Christmas

Back