Military action against Houthi rebels

Going well, aren't the new supply ships going to be built by a Spanish / N Ireland consortium, we can't even build on our own. Absolute shambles.

If Fort Victoria was in a shipyard for 8 months in 2022 and still awaiting some maintenance and certification to be completed is a disgraceful.

I have no problem with supply ships being built by overseas yards (if you count Northern Ireland as being overseas) if they can be done better and/or cheaper. Such ships should be a NATO standard anyway which can be mass produced. Trouble with lot of military procurements is the top brass insisting on custom builds rather than something off the shelf.

I have no problem with supply ships being built by overseas yards (if you count Northern Ireland as being overseas) if they can be done better and/or cheaper. Such ships should be a NATO standard anyway which can be mass produced. Trouble with lot of military procurements is the top brass insisting on custom builds rather than something off the shelf.
It's not just senior military staff. Politicians often demand a UK build which means Big And Expensive (BAE). Case in point being the T45 destroyers which we designed and built rather than buy the US Aegis design.

Mind you, design changes are what create cost inflation and those are usually down to military/naval staff.

They’re top notch kit the carriers and the f35’s. It’s criminal how short we have been left by those clowns in charge. To have one without the other is top left clownery. Typical HMGov fuck up.

We could do with another 10 frigates and 10 destroyers and ensuring they’re all crewed and all at sea anarl. It’s mind boggling that the destroyers have no land attack capability because they wanted to save a few quid.
Austerity was all about saving a few quid though, that's why they voted for it
Although nobody will admit it or say they wanted cuts, but not cuts to things which I think are important.
Tough shit, the country got what it voted for

I see they have hit another ship. Considerable damage and fire on board.

If anything after the air strikes they are increasing and the Houthis seem to be getting more effective at actually hitting ships.

Only a matter of time until one goes down unless something changes.

All the money they cost to build and seems they don’t even get reversing sensors as standard
Wrong way alarm is standard on merchant ships and should be on navy vessels. I find it difficult to see how she would go astern accidentally.

Northern Ireland is most definitely not overseas.

The Biden administration is crafting plans for a sustained military campaign targeting the Houthis in Yemen after 10 days of strikes failed to halt the group’s attacks on maritime commerce, stoking concern among some officials that an open-ended operation could derail the war-ravaged country’s fragile peace and pull Washington into another unpredictable Middle Eastern conflict.

Back