Mike Tyson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Striker
Been watching clips of his fights tonight, the bloke at his peak was unreal.

Surely Tyson from the late 80's would've destroyed any heavy weight from any other time? I realise his record means he doesn't get a sniff of the top 10, but I mean at his most destructive, surely nobody could've beat him, could they?

Surely Tyson from the late 80's would've destroyed any heavy weight from any other time? I realise his record means he doesn't get a sniff of the top 10, but I mean at his most destructive, surely nobody could've beat him, could they?

f***ing brutal in his first twenty fights or whatever.. unbelievable amounts of power and speed.. not sure of the quality of the fighters he was fighting like but still looked canny handy :lol:

I raised this point a few weeks ago at work and was shot down instantly by a number of people who thought Ali would have played with him.

He's a convicted rapist who was sentenced to six years. He doesn't deserve any threads.

Didn't Lennox Lewis used to be his sparring partner when they were younger ? Tyson went to pro route, Lennox the amateur route. Sure I'd read somewhere that Lewis used to regularly hand Tyson his ass on a plate and Don King pretty much paid Lewis to stay away from his cash cow that was Tyson.

:?:

Didn't Lennox Lewis used to be his sparring partner when they were younger ? Tyson went to pro route, Lennox the amateur route. Sure I'd read somewhere that Lewis used to regularly hand Tyson his ass on a plate and Don King pretty much paid Lewis to stay away from his cash cow that was Tyson.

:lol::lol: no evidence to call bullshit but I'm calling it.

No way that happened

Tyson's camp said he punched Lewis out of the ring if I remember correctly, Lewis admitted that Tyson roughed him up a bit but said he "won" there sessions.

When Tyson was at his peak early on I think there would have been very few fighters who could have matched him but I don't think he would have destroyed all of them.

I raised this point a few weeks ago at work and was shot down instantly by a number of people who thought Ali would have played with him.

Bonecrusher Smith demonstrated that Tyson was beatable in a manner that Ali would have excelled at. Holding on, tiring out a young strong puncher and then countering late in the fight - ring any bells?

He's a convicted rapist who was sentenced to six years. He doesn't deserve any threads.

Oh, do run along you cheb end.

Bonecrusher Smith demonstrated that Tyson was beatable in a manner that Ali would have excelled at. Holding on, tiring out a young strong puncher and then countering late in the fight - ring any bells?

He was beat massively on points? He just held onto him in every round, and didn't actually box though?

would have liked to have seen him fight someone who was also at his peak. sadly doesn't seem to happen that much any more, you get different boxers peaking at different times.

watching tyson in his early years was unreal. the speed and power was incredible. personally i think he could have become one of the greatest but Don King milked him and let him burn.

As a teenager in the 80's watching him come onto the boxing scene was fantastic, fearless and ferocious.

Tyson was a great boxer but as he started to fight some more expeienced fighters and went the distance he did labour a bit but he was a monster and a great champion. Tysons problem was his change in managment and all the hangers on milking him.

Think Ali would have out witted him with rope a dope and let him get tired.

From a boxing point of view it's a shame he fought in an era with few other great heavyweights. We'll never know what he would have done in amongst Ali, Frasier and Foreman. I don't think Ali would have found it easy against him but I don't think Tyson would have blown those three away either. Would have been amazing fights to watch.

From a boxing point of view it's a shame he fought in an era with few other great heavyweights. We'll never know what he would have done in amongst Ali, Frasier and Foreman. I don't think Ali would have found it easy against him but I don't think Tyson would have blown those three away either. Would have been amazing fights to watch.

can count on one hand really the number of top class heavyweights since these blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back