Mike Hussey

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
To retire from international cricket, after the 3rd Test against Sri Lanka....

Durham MUST now do everything in their power to get him in as overseas for next year!

Thought he'd stick around until after at least the first Ashes series. Their batting is going to consist of just Clarke at this rate

One of the few top class overseas batsmen who don't have any international commitments. Can play all 3 forms too.

One of the main reasons for him retiring is because he has 4 bairns under the age of 5 (?) and domestically its harder for his wife to cope. On that basis moving everyone lock stock and barrel to England for the summer seems a remote possibility and even more remote that he would leave them and come to Durham for 6 months.

We'll see I guess.

I think the Colonel has got it spot on, Hussey is already on record as saying he wanted to spend more time at home with his family after the birth of his forth child.

I'll be very surprised if there's a overseas player signed for next season now, unless Ponting comes for less than 50 grand.:?:

As said already Hussy has said why he wants to call a halt to his commitments. But £££££'s would prevent us from getting him anyway.

Maybe next year when we aren't shelling out for Harmison and Plunket, there might be a spare peg in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back