Microsoft are buying Activision blizzard

Brilliant for those who play CoD who already own an Xbox/PC. Would imagine those games will go on Game Pass so win-win. Sucks if you're a PlayStation owner though.

can’t see what Sony can do to keep up with that , gamepass will be absolutely unreal value if the likes of COD is day one gamepass

Don’t activision have some deal with some of the COD addons with Sony , really can’t see them making cod Xbox exclusive

can’t see what Sony can do to keep up with that , gamepass will be absolutely unreal value if the likes of COD is day one gamepass

Don’t activision have some deal with some of the COD addons with Sony , really can’t see them making cod Xbox exclusive
Once any existing contracts with Sony expire, they'll be exclusive. Don't spend 70,000,000,000 just to make Crash Bandicoot exclusive.

This.

Thing is MS seem supportive of PC gaming so it's not so much about Xbox exclusivity, to me it's about depriving Sony.
I think it's more like "We would allow all of our IPs on PS5 via Game Pass", then either Sony cave and MS get another big revenue stream or a lot more people go out and buy an Xbox and Sony become another Nintendo.

Once any existing contracts with Sony expire, they'll be exclusive. Don't spend 70,000,000,000 just to make Crash Bandicoot exclusive.
Aye never thought of that suppose it will be like when they bought Bethesda and Sony had exclusivity on death loop and that shit looking cat game

Unless you’re a proper PlayStation fan I can’t see how you would go for that over Xbox now .

I think it's more like "We would allow all of our IPs on PS5 via Game Pass", then either Sony cave and MS get another big revenue stream or a lot more people go out and buy an Xbox and Sony become another Nintendo.
I'd be genuinely surprised if that happened tbh. As a PS owner I'd be happy, I just can't see it happening. You don't spend $70,000,000,000 to share your toys with the adversary.

I'd be genuinely surprised if that happened tbh. As a PS owner I'd be happy, I just can't see it happening. You don't spend $70,000,000,000 to share your toys with the adversary.
Well if GP is on PS5 then MS get all the extra subscriptions that would bring, which is their main aim, more so than the actual console itself.

Say if they get 20m PS subscribers into GP, that would bring in around 3b+ per year as it stands, which is not including the fact that GP games see microtransactions increase by quite a lot.

I'm glad I've bought the latest Xbox and have Gamepass, rather than a PS5. Good news. :cool:
My PS4 is just gathering dust now, my gaming PC and Xbox have taken over.

Aye never thought of that suppose it will be like when they bought Bethesda and Sony had exclusivity on death loop and that shit looking cat game

Unless you’re a proper PlayStation fan I can’t see how you would go for that over Xbox now .
Exactly, the deal won't be done until mid-2023 apparently, so there will probably a few games released between then and now under the joint umbrella but once they are out of the way that'll be it for Sony and Nintendo unless they allow GP on their platform.

Exactly, the deal won't be done until mid-2023 apparently, so there will probably a few games released between then and now under the joint umbrella but once they are out of the way that'll be it for Sony and Nintendo unless they allow GP on their platform.
I remember watching e3 back in 2013 and thought that was pretty much it for Xbox after their shambles of a presentation.

Phil spencer has done a cracking job of turning it round since then ,

I don't think this will affect any console title at all. None of their console titles are even in their top 5 earners, so it's not the main appeal.

I think this a cross between stock shares being at an all time low because of the Bobby Kotick-Epstein link which is still ongoing and the underdeveloped studios within the Activision-Blizzard umbrella.

Candy Crush is probably the sole reason why the company values itself at 50bn, it generated over a bn in revenue in 2021
Hearthstone being it's 2nd biggest earner which is also a mobile game so that side of the market is completely cleaned out.

Undeveloped titles World of Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch - Heroes of the Storm and Starcraft have been completely abandoned so there's plenty of leeway for investment there.

There's a good chance if they can get Heroes at the same heights of League of Legends, or Starcraft and WoW back to it's peak they'll actually see that 50bn back, I can't see them even touching console titles unless it's a Xbox game pass intergration with Microtransactions or WoW subscriptions.

Back