Mickey Arthur

I think the position is over-valued. Does an International cricket captain need input from another source? The key post is the chairman of selectors-Ed Smith's response to the 1st test debacle is the crucial issue.

Don't know but my primary interview question would be how do you intend to improve us as a Test side and what measures would you put in place. See what they all come up with

?
I think the position is over-valued. Does an International cricket captain need input from another source? The key post is the chairman of selectors-Ed Smith's response to the 1st test debacle is the crucial issue.
Do you mean an International Cricket Captain who knows what he's doing or the captain we've got?

I also felt Cook wasn't a good captain and only learnt how to be just before he left the job.

?
Do you mean an International Cricket Captain who knows what he's doing or the captain we've got?

I also felt Cook wasn't a good captain and only learnt how to be just before he left the job.
Good point.Agree totally about Root and Cook who, to be fair, had little or no captaincy experience before being given the England captaincy. Seems Colly would be the best available for the role. Not so sure Root would heed advice though.

Back