Micheal Bridges goal V Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinninho

Striker
Second help thread of the day :)

I can't remember which year, but I think it was an evening FA cup game at Goodison Park. (In PRs reign)

The goal came from a long launch up field by Tommy Sorenson - bridges took it down beautifully on the run just outside of the centre circle and strode past a couple of challenges side foot it home. I can remember thinking "What a first touch that was" - I used to love watching that kid play. The grace of a Gazelle.

I can't seem to find a YouTube link of the goal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or am I talking bollox?

Was there, canny night, I was about fifteen I think at the time and took me younger cousin with me, bloke in the stand next to us was out of his f***ing mind pissed, vomiting on himself asleep stewards just left him there fuck knows how he got home.

Second help thread of the day :)

I can't remember which year, but I think it was an evening FA cup game at Goodison Park. (In PRs reign)

The goal came from a long launch up field by Tommy Sorenson - bridges took it down beautifully on the run just outside of the centre circle and strode past a couple of challenges side foot it home. I can remember thinking "What a first touch that was" - I used to love watching that kid play. The grace of a Gazelle.

I can't seem to find a YouTube link of the goal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or am I talking bollox?

Wasn't it a Prem League game we won 1-3? 96-97.

got a bloody parking ticket at that game - copper van had parked in front of the residents only sign and then buggered off - remember it being a class game great game and tommy sorenson saving a couple.

Wasn't it a Prem League game we won 1-3? 96-97.

Not sure mate. My memory tells me it was a cup game but my recall isn't what it used to be. I just remember that goal being total class. I wasn't there - hence why I don't remember too well.

If only we had a youngen of his standard waiting to make the step up to the first team...

I loved PR but never forgave him for flogging him to Leeds.

Not sure mate. My memory tells me it was a cup game but my recall isn't what it used to be. I just remember that goal being total class. I wasn't there - hence why I don't remember too well.

If only we had a youngen of his standard waiting to make the step up to the first team...

I loved PR but never forgave him for flogging him to Leeds.
the goal in question was a cup game, 1-1 then we won on pens - was in the 98/99 promotion season

the 3-1 win was in the 96/97relegation season, just before xmas, and bridges scored 2 with russell scoring the other. Ferguson scored for tehm

Remember it well as dreamt the score the night before put a daft couple of quid on it @ 66/1 :)

Def cup game, drew 1-1 and won on pens. I left the ground at about 10 to midnight and had to be up at 4am in Whitley bay for work. Think I got in bed about half 3..

I was there that night. It was made even sweeter by the fact that my housemate at Uni was an Everton fan.
I'll have it on video somewhere. If I can dig it out I'll bang it on You Tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back