Michael Moore: Planet of the Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never thought if be endorsing a Michael Moore documentary, but wow.
You should read more of his stuff. Especially the Flint water positioning. The Republican governor switched the town's supply from Lake Huron to the poisoned Flint River.
When GM motors complained that the water was corroding their cars at a nearby plant, the governor switched GMs water supply back to Lake Huron while the townsfolk still drank the poisoned water.
Michael Moore gets criticised as he calls out scum like the governor mentioned.

It’s been panned by climate scientists across several different fields as grossly inaccurate.
I usually quite enjoy his stuff, although take him with a pinch of salt. But yeah, this time actual scientists are calling it "dangerously incorrect". Which doesn't seem good.

I usually quite enjoy his stuff, although take him with a pinch of salt. But yeah, this time actual scientists are calling it "dangerously incorrect". Which doesn't seem good.

Which type of scientists?

He doesn't delve into the whole does co2 cause climate change argument, he accepts this unquestioningly.

The documentary focuses on the materials and processes that go into the manufacture of wind turbines, batteries and so on.

I would be interested to know which type of scientist disputes that coal is used to make steel, for example.

Which type of scientists?

He doesn't delve into the whole does co2 cause climate change argument, he accepts this unquestioningly.

The documentary focuses on the materials and processes that go into the manufacture of wind turbines, batteries and so on.

I would be interested to know which type of scientist disputes that coal is used to make steel, for example.
Literally the first two links on google - one left and one right wing media source, both saying essentially the same

I usually enjoy his stuff. He disappeared down the rabbit hole for a few years but Fahrenheit 11/9 started asking the right questions.

Literally the first two links on google - one left and one right wing media source, both saying essentially the same

Right, so "climate experts".

This documentary doesn't argue any climate science whatever.

It doesn't argue the theory of man made global warming/climate change, it explicitly accepts it.

So I'm not sure what the "client scientists" would be arguing.

Does being a climate scientist give you any expertise in battery manufacturing, the lifespan of windmills or the processes involved in mining cobalt or smelting silicon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back