Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to contend with a field mouse once, about 20 years ago. Was up at about 5:30am in the kitchen making my bait for work. Standing at the work bench, saw something just out of the corner of my eye, looked down to see the field mouse making a dash along the skirting board, grabbed an empty large margarine tub off the draining board and then spent 20 minutes chasing the thing around the kitchen trying to corner it.

It then tried to run through the door leading into the living room, I knew once it got in there I had no chance of getting it. Managed to close the door before it got there, it then ran into the downstairs hall and was dashing along towards the stairs. I knew at that point that I'd catch it. It started frantically to climb up the staircase (very funny to see), I quickly jumped forward and scooped it up into the tub and firmly placed the lid on it.

Just as well there wasn't anybody around to see me do a celebration dance, like I was some big game hunter claiming his prize. :oops:

Didn't feel right about killing a mouse, so left it in the box and when I was leaving for work and as walking to bus stop passing some hedges next to a field, placed the tub down amongst the hedges upside down and carefully opened the lid and just left it alone. Then Jerry hit me in the face with a frying pan and shoved a , resulting in my head becoming flat, and
Normally Tom and Jerry was only 5 minutes. Which episode was this?

Near the door it had been carving up with its teeth.

Just keep it a bit out of the way mate, might sound daft but you're making sure there's no food left out on a night,and i mean anything any bread crumbs,lids on bread bins, biscuits put away, we had one that had got into a draw and was eating a bar of chocolate that was in there,you've got to starve the little fkas or they'll not go to the trap.

Just keep it a bit out of the way mate, might sound daft but you're making sure there's no food left out on a night,and i mean anything any bread crumbs,lids on bread bins, biscuits put away, we had one that had got into a draw and was eating a bar of chocolate that was in there,you've got to starve the little fkas or they'll not go to the trap.

Good advice mate, cheers.

I used humane traps to get rid of them from my mams garden. Caught them in no time then let them go in the fields.

Nowt wrong with that mate but it's different when they get in your house,neckbreakers i'm afraid.
Just hope it hits at the neck... I had a trap smash the skull of one - what a disgusting, bloody mess that was... I still have nightmares about it:confused:

When I was about 15 we had one at my Mam's. The big plan was for me to move the furniture whilst my Dad and brother went for it with a shovel and broom.
It ran across the fireplace which my Dad proceeded to smash in two with the shovel.:lol:
They then went out with my Mam and left me with my younger brother to sort it.
We had an unused coal fire and it ran behind the grate. I moved the grate so there was only one way out and placed a trap at the exit.
I then lit the fire to give it a choice in how it died.
It chose the trap.

This isn't really advice on the most effective way to deal with rodents now I come to think of it.

When I was about 15 we had one at my Mam's. The big plan was for me to move the furniture whilst my Dad and brother went for it with a shovel and broom.
It ran across the fireplace which my Dad proceeded to smash in two with the shovel.:lol:
We had an unused coal fire and it ran behind the grate. I moved the grate so there was only one way out and placed a trap at the exit.
It chose the trap.

This isn't really advice on the most effective way to deal with rodents now I come to think of it.

At least you gave it a choice... just not sure if PETA is Pro-Choice or Pro-Life :)

It chose the trap.

So you used the "scorched earth" policy then.

Humane traps all the way man. There's no need to kill the little buggers. The end result is better too as you don't have a mess to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back