Metheven in the BCB pre match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he's a PR man and I know his job is to sell the club, but when he was talking today he and the supporters believed every word he said. He was saying that we were an even bigger club than he'd ever imagined and that there are only a few supporters who really realise how big we can be. We've had never had a football PR person try and promote us. Our last head of PR didn't even like football! He said that for Wembley we could have sold 70000, and that if we can only get competence, (not excellence) from the board room to the pitch we should be a top 6 prem team. He said again that if we can do that, we will have to extend the ground to a capacity of 60,o00 and that he believes it's possible. He dismissed the takeover talk and explained that the ownership just want to be in a position to put the extra juice in when in needed and are lining up investors for when we get promoted. He said they have no fear for next season when we get to the championship, and that he has confidence that we have a plan to go up again.

All in all, was impressed with what he had to say and if I hadn't already renewed, I would be doing so tonight!!

I know he's a PR man and I know his job is to sell the club, but when he was talking today he and the supporters believed every word he said. He was saying that we were an even bigger club than he'd ever imagined and that there are only a few supporters who really realise how big we can be. We've had never had a football PR person try and promote us. Our last head of PR didn't even like football! He said that for Wembley we could have sold 70000, and that if we can only get competence, (not excellence) from the board room to the pitch we should be a top 6 prem team. He said again that if we can do that, we will have to extend the ground to a capacity of 60,o00 and that he believes it's possible. He dismissed the takeover talk and explained that the ownership just want to be in a position to put the extra juice in when in needed and are lining up investors for when we get promoted. He said they have no fear for next season when we get to the championship, and that he has confidence that we have a plan to go up again.

All in all, was impressed with what he had to say and if I hadn't already renewed, I would be doing so tonight!!
I think most SAFC supporters would say the club has more potential than Methven and Donald could even begin to imagine

Bloke from Consett said something similar, not so many years ago.

Spoke very well, as always! He's some lad!

I’m sure there was a thread (possibly the Bob Murray podcast?) where Murray was talking about the planning permission for the stadium and that we wouldn’t be able to extend the ground any further.
Surely the council would have nee reason to say no. I understand we might not have permission now but you'd assume it was a formality if we wanted to.

I don't think we will ever need to but it's nice to have owners with ambition AND speak common sense on how to build moving forwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back