Mental Health - general discussion

Mowgli

Striker
My mental health has always been perfectly fine but must admit recently it's becoming a struggle to look forward day after day.

Every other part of the business is working from home except us out in the field and they have other jobs we can do if it gets bad... somebody hit my car the other day and I'm trying to buy a house atm. That's without the coronavirus possibly affecting my dad who has health issues and our lasses dad who would definitely be a goner.

My mental health has always been perfectly fine but must admit recently it's becoming a struggle to look forward day after day.

Every other part of the business is working from home except us out in the field and they have other jobs we can do if it gets bad... somebody hit my car the other day and I'm trying to buy a house atm. That's without the coronavirus possibly affecting my dad who has health issues and our lasses dad who would definitely be a goner.

This thread will soon become the most important one on this website I suspect mate. You won’t be alone in the anxieties and fears you have.

Aye. Think that could be the problem and cheers

It’s a major problem mate. There is so much nonsense being posted, it’s not hard to see why it’s impacting people’s mental well-being.

Yesterday I saw one tool on the Fulwell Fb page post that the death rate was actually 11%. It’s obviously not, but some folk will repeat it.

It’s a major problem mate. There is so much nonsense being posted, it’s not hard to see why it’s impacting people’s mental well-being.

Yesterday I saw one tool on the Fulwell Fb page post that the death rate was actually 11%. It’s obviously not, but some folk will repeat it.
She is getting really angry at people being dicks.
Also the worry about the family and it all got to much.

Walking and her cross stitch will be her plans today. Problem is going out shows her what people are doing and the ones I saw yesterday were in the main carrying on as normal.

I am beginning to struggle with thoughts racing away....I have had bouts of depression and anxiety for many years and I can feel the Black Dog trying to get on my shoulder again. I think that for many the gravity of this surreal situation is just sinking in. I have had a couple of panic attacks and I am tempted to go to bed and pull the duvet over my head for a while. I know that’s probably not a good idea, so am trying to stay busy. It is so vital that we help and support each other over the coming months.

She is getting really angry at people being dicks.
Also the worry about the family and it all got to much.

Walking and her cross stitch will be her plans today. Problem is going out shows her what people are doing and the ones I saw yesterday were in the main carrying on as normal.

Honestly mate, tell her to stay off social media. I noticed recently that people are just lashing out over anything (mind, you can also see that on here).

I saw one person post a picture of a group of kids (probs 10/11 year old) standing on a street corner with the comment “murderers”.

Honestly mate, tell her to stay off social media. I noticed recently that people are just lashing out over anything (mind, you can also see that on here).

I saw one person post a picture of a group of kids (probs 10/11 year old) standing on a street corner with the comment “murderers”.
Just had a chat.

Going to try for a decent shop today if possible rather than 6 items every few days. That might help her as it seemed to hit her a bit yesterday when I couldn't get bread.

Alright lads and lasses, just wanted to drop on here to say that if anyone feels a bit lonely during all of this and needs a chat or a bit of reassurance, I’d be happy to share my number.

Maybe someone just wants a bit of company by way of a phone call. I’m not a counsellor or trained in mental health therapy or owt like that but if I can help I’d be happy to.

Last edited:
I am beginning to struggle with thoughts racing away....I have had bouts of depression and anxiety for many years and I can feel the Black Dog trying to get on my shoulder again. I think that for many the gravity of this surreal situation is just sinking in. I have had a couple of panic attacks and I am tempted to go to bed and pull the duvet over my head for a while. I know that’s probably not a good idea, so am trying to stay busy. It is so vital that we help and support each other over the coming months.

Hope you're felling a bit better now, I know from personal experience a little of what you and probably others are going through.

Its very important but very difficult to try and not allow the bad thoughts to take hold.

Rumination is the term given to thinking about the same thing over and over till it becomes overwhelming.

Take a look at this BBC page from a while back - The danger of rumination

There's lots online to help, I found YouTube vids on relaxation, meditation and breathing exercises very helpful - I used
amongst others, however please find one that suits you better if this one doesn't

PM me if you'd like a chat - chin up !

I've had run in's with the old mental health before but this shite is just exhausting havent even got the energy to do something productive like get out on me bike or do some free weights. Doing me bloody head in :p

Hope you're felling a bit better now, I know from personal experience a little of what you and probably others are going through.

Its very important but very difficult to try and not allow the bad thoughts to take hold.

Rumination is the term given to thinking about the same thing over and over till it becomes overwhelming.

Take a look at this BBC page from a while back - The danger of rumination

There's lots online to help, I found YouTube vids on relaxation, meditation and breathing exercises very helpful - I used
amongst others, however please find one that suits you better if this one doesn't

PM me if you'd like a chat - chin up !

If ever I'm feeling down I'm just going to watch this video and laugh at his hair.

I feel the same mate.
I'm 45 and always been so happy and positive, never struggled at all mentally.
Ive been all over the place with this pandemic, not thinking rationally, I've had a really hard time, really worrying about the future and my kids.
I can't really remember ever crying, but Thursday and Friday i had several breakdowns.
I've stayed off here a bit, as I think it was making things worse.

I feel the same mate.
Ive been all over the place with this pandemic, not thinking rationally, I've had a really hard time, really worrying about the future and my kids.
I can't really remember ever crying, but Thursday and Friday i had several breakdowns.

This place is like the supermarket queues of social media at times.
Obviously not as bad as FB till some knob sticks a link up.

I feel the same mate.
My nana also died 2 weeks ago so that just stopped the whole thing off.

Back