Memory man DOBSON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be dropped. He came into an unsettled side due to injuries/red cards after not starting the previous 6 league games.
I hope if you have 1 poor day at work after being out for a while you're not abused. I don't think that's right.

depends if I’d been shit for a few week before the time off like he was. Then yes I’d expect abuse,

Its not that difficult. If you look at the last game when he made an interception and then quickly pass forward to the striker. Mystery solved.

So by your logic we can all perform poorly at work. It doesn’t matter, nobody can say anything to us about said poor performance and we shouldn’t be replaced?

Add to that the fact he gets paid a lot more than your average bloke, and your argument is completely flawed. He rightly deserves criticism and should be dropped unless his performances improve.

what have his wages got to do with anything? Leadbitter was much worse against Pompey and gifted them a goal but barely a thread about him. Dobson was poor the other night but the reaction from this place is way over the top but not surprising

what have his wages got to do with anything? Leadbitter was much worse against Pompey and gifted them a goal but barely a thread about him. Dobson was poor the other night but the reaction from this place is way over the top but not surprising

completely missed the point. If we perform poorly at work, we get a talking to, if we continued to be poor, we’d most likely get replaced.

the kid makes more than 90% of us, so why should he be above criticism for not performing at work?

I don't rate Dobson at all but the problem imo is we play two identical midfielders who plod along and contribute nothing to the attack. If you're going to play 3 in midfield have a runner who is more attack minded and will make runs into the box, a creator who can put his foot on the ball and pick a pass (Leadbitter) and a ball winner who will press and break up play (Scowen would be my first choice but Dobson at least has a good engine on him and presses well). Have variety in midfield with different roles and play to their strengths. Leadbitter doesn't have the legs to get forward but that's ok if you have a runner who will but we don't. Parkinson plays Power, Scowen and Dobson who basically sit and do bugger all else - badly.

completely missed the point. If we perform poorly at work, we get a talking to, if we continued to be poor, we’d most likely get replaced.

the kid makes more than 90% of us, so why should he be above criticism for not performing at work?

I’m not saying he can’t be criticised but this place is going over the top about him. This thread is a perfect example when the op is having a go before the game has even kicked off.

You also can’t compare a normal job to professional sports. It’s one of the laziest comparisons going

You can of course criticise. If the OP had said he gave the ball away cheaply a few times and should have done better. Absolutely agree.

He, and others to be fair,have described it as the worst performance ever in a Sunderland shirt and that he didn’t pass to a red and white shirt all night. It’s not true, highly over the top and reactionary.

You can of course criticise. If the OP had said he gave the ball away cheaply a few times and should have done better. Absolutely agree.

He, and others to be fair,have described it as the worst performance ever in a Sunderland shirt and that he didn’t pass to a red and white shirt all night. It’s not true, highly over the top and reactionary.

He just topped the performance with that absolute shit show. The boy can’t even control the ball. Near the end of the first half summed him him up, ball gets threw (not even kicked) to him, he miscontolled and gave it away. One of about 10 times he done that all game.

He’s an abortion of a footballer who deserves every bit of criticism he gets. If anyone can defend him after being out fought by two midfielders playing for Mansfield, they may aswell accept our club folding,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back