Memories of drinking in Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Angel - class bar top quality duke box clock went backwards

Big Jug - land lord looked like George Ropper

The Neville - was like the bar off star wars

Fighting Cocks -never changed

I remember from about 15 years ago that all the weirdos from the outside villages used to fight each other in carparks after the clubs had closed

Last time I went drinking in Durham the river was in flood and apparently I was found wandering about near the water's edge by me Dad at four in the morning. No recollection of it at all. Apparently I'd been chucked out of a pub for chinning some lad who'd been trying it on with my sister.

Haven't been back for a proper session since.

Charmless Man said:
Last time I went drinking in Durham the river was in flood and apparently I was found wandering about near the water's edge by me Dad at four in the morning. No recollection of it at all. Apparently I'd been chucked out of a pub for chinning some lad who'd been trying it on with my sister.

Haven't been back for a proper session since.

Apt username then ;)

Hate going out when my sister (nee pics) is out for that exact reason...childish I know as she's a 6ft copper.

Apt username then ;)

Hate going out when my sister (nee pics) is out for that exact reason...childish I know as she's a 6ft copper.

Only time I've ever gone drinking with her. I honestly don't know what I was thinking as normally I have control of my temper. She is engaged like and her fiance is a good bloke. Probably affected my outlook.

A remember talking to Hooper on the door of the fighting cocks and thinking "f***ing hell you must have been shite at a few things "

Charmless Man said:
Only time I've ever gone drinking with her. I honestly don't know what I was thinking as normally I have control of my temper. She is engaged like and her fiance is a good bloke. Probably affected my outlook.

What's your email got to do with it? ;)

Having a dance off with a midget in Walkabout (or what it was then) about 1998... I was winning but then on my final dance decided to pick him up and spin him around over my head. He took offence and booted me in the shin. Still got the scar now the little devil!

I can only remember bits of this but originally blamed the scar on my leg on walking into a table

Loved Hogshead and Scruffy Murphys, both gone now. Shakespeare was always a canny pub as well but haven't been in there for years, our lass (nee pics) prefers the new places in Walkergate :evil:

Having a dance off with a midget in Walkabout (or what it was then) about 1998... I was winning but then on my final dance decided to pick him up and spin him around over my head. He took offence and booted me in the shin. Still got the scar now the little devil!

I can only remember bits of this but originally blamed the scar on my leg on walking into a table

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back