Members Night - Updates Here

I'm listening in whilst the wife watches the zoom members evening. Will post any updates as and when I can.
120-130 viewing
Eckersley is in North London
Surrey and Durham keen to get domestic cricket on.
Proposal for August and September discussed with all CEO's. Formal proposal to ECB board on June 12th. Bare bones. Red ball solution and a white ball solution. In a nutshell. Regional structure. 5 county games and 10 T20 games. No cricket before August 1st. Some friendly games in July possible. 4 week lead time for players. Look to start with red ball county cricket. 3 groups of 6. All play each other once then hold a very first county championship finals over 5 days with Lords the hopeful venue.
White ball blast. 10 games, same groups. Hopeful of 1/4 finals and plans to have final in Birmingham with 4 teams.
138 players in last year's of their contracts
Marcus North describes plans as exciting.
Bringing players off furlough then for their to be no cricket is a financial risk. So they need to be very sure
Government very supportive
Bostock very confident
Red ball would be first to get off ground. Behind closed doors first few games is an assumption though hopeful to get fans in. All county games including finals would be free to all members of all clubs. For example a Durham member could go and watch Surrey at home for free. 'no at the moment" regards to 50 over season.
Blast only season on proposal for a September only season.
If it's mid August then possible fa cup 50 over and T20 blast in full. Preference is two month season with red ball and t20
Durham "can certainly ride this through to next season. In as good as shape as we possibly could be financially"
ECB incredibly supportive about 18-20 months cash flows. Working out what additional support each club needs. Durham are in a much better financially situation than most counties
Financially Bostock says he is confident we will be able to prosper
Large number of players in final year of contracts. Gonna pose some difficult decisions. Still in discussions with ECB/PCA.
The wet winter caused damage to the square. Warm weather lately a blessing for the ground staff.
More important to get paying customers in for T20 blast as it makes more difference financially
Refunds. International cricket ECB are insured for all tickets therefore as soon as Durham are clearer they will make announcement.
MCC 22yr waiting list for membership
Whole host of scenarios regarding membership refunds which will be announced once we know how much cricket can be played

Last edited:

Where is it?

Still feels like a waste of resources to me. Would rather they used an existing ground and the cash be used elsewhere in local cricket.
I assume behind the Finchale end towards the River. The ground was financed by a grant and private donation and getting decent pitches on overused club squares proved problematic. I can see the reasoning.

I assume behind the Finchale end towards the River. The ground was financed by a grant and private donation and getting decent pitches on overused club squares proved problematic. I can see the reasoning.

Fair enough mate, not the club’s fault if they were offered it. Just think grants should go towards saving clubs/ funding junior coaches first.

Good to see Durham keeping people updated, same with Surrey and Lancs. Our lot have been very quiet through all this which is worrying me a little

Back