Mel bites. WDSC

That Libdem fella was gorging on Danish pastries according to the article and wanted a 75% increase apparently.

It does look like a bit of a gravy train.

That Libdem fella was gorging on Danish pastries according to the article and wanted a 75% increase apparently.

It is completely. I was at a meeting (albeit 13 years ago) once with several councillors and all they were interested in was the food and drink supplied and payed little or no attention to the speakers. It seems that hasnt changed.

I think 'wanted' is a bit strong.
As he's the leader of the lib dems on the council he gets the extra allowance under the rules.

As he's the leader of the lib dems on the council he gets the extra allowance under the rules.
I think the point is the council are taking the piss (as all councils and parties do) and hopefully we get an investigation out of it. If Mel posted on here mind someone would of asked for a link to the danish story. No link no truth.
It is probably the other parties pecking at the council to try and unsettle them in this turbulent time.

My reference to the lib dem fella was tongue in cheek. Rather than addressing the issue, Mel Speding is simply having a dig at the bloke. It does seem a bit rich that 80% of labour members are receiving this special allowance. With that sort of number, it doesn't sound special at all, more like the beneficiaries are playing the rule book like a fiddle.

You get the allowances for being on cabinet or various committees. All that would happen is you'd get a small proportion of Councillors being on loads of them.

Don't really see the point.

I think the point is the council are taking the piss (as all councils and parties do) and hopefully we get an investigation out of it. If Mel posted on here mind someone would of asked for a link to the danish story. No link no truth.
It is probably the other parties pecking at the council to try and unsettle them in this turbulent time.

I agree that you could reduce/merge some of the committees and save some money. However, im pretty sure the allowance scheme is reviewed and set by and independent body, so not sure what there is to investigate as all the details over who gets what for what extra stuff is all in the public domain anyway.

Posturing from a would-be-councillor. He'll be standing for election in the Pallion seat next year so he's just going for the lowest common denominator to pick up a few votes.

Cabinet Secretary Coun Mel Speding said: “This is a typical distraction tactic used by local Lib Dems, whose leader, having been caught with both hands in the cookie jar, (gorging himself at a council event on Danish pastries and seeking a 75% rise in his allowances), now suggest that the allowance to deputy cabinet members, committee chairs, the mayor and deputy mayor should be removed.

That may be so Boris but it still doesn't hide the fact that you are all taking the piss with the old expenses. The fat fuck in the picture needs to get some graft done instead of sitting on his arse and filling his face.

That may be so Boris but it still doesn't hide the fact that you are all taking the piss with the old expenses. The fat fuck in the picture needs to get some graft done instead of sitting on his arse and filling his face.
I thought it said his boss? Meaning the leader of the lib flems I mean dems.

I regularly got Freedom of Information requests when I worked for a local County Council concerning councillors allowances and the such,
One local High School as part of their studies compiled 35-40 requests which my boss decided would be fun for me to answer as an example of local democracy.
It became a bit of a problem as I released information on how many biscuits are consumed in council meetings, annual mileage of our two chauffeur cars and what countries had councillors visited on business.
The Tax Payers Alliance mentioned these three items in the national press and not in a complimentary way.

Back