McNulty

Wasn’t sure when we signed him but I really like his energy upfront. Makes some good runs.

Why was he even taken off?

2nd game in a few days and not been back from injury too long. Often the one that comes off anyway. We had resorted to aimless hoofs and were chasing shadows. I have a feeling he had Portsmouth in mind when Wyke came on and took a fair bit pressure off but in this case their CB dominated him anyway and he was a total waste.

I'm not really that pissed off with that sub tbh and I don't rate Wyke or Ross.

Taken off for the second worst striker ive ever seen in a sunderland shirt. Grigg takes the number one spot purely cause hes a c.unt

Here’s another one. Not only is our attack producing the second lowest number of shots, it’s also the fifth worst in the league for chance quality and volume. It’s only our decent defence (oddly despite our inability to keep a clean sheet) that keeps us in touch. Basically we’re a bit of a shambles and aren’t going up without significant change.

Logon or register to see this image

Thought he was great up front tonight. Harassed their defence forcing them to make many mistakes. Seemed to create a lot from half chances. Taking him off was a massive mistake by Ross. Has to start every game when fit.
Thought was a ridiculous decision to take him off, if anything he needed support of Wyke to push their defence back. So obvious decision missed by management

Thought he was great up front tonight. Harassed their defence forcing them to make many mistakes. Seemed to create a lot from half chances. Taking him off was a massive mistake by Ross. Has to start every game when fit.
Totally agree..taking him off was just fuckin stupid..

Yep - we lumped it forward incessantly - he just wasn’t able to control it sublimely and round the keeper on every occasion.
No mate the goal came from a well worked free kick placed in behind the defence, where McNulty timed his run perfectly to break the offside trap.
The occasions you are referring to was lumping it up toward a little fellas head surrounded by giants

Back