McGeady

Legend in my eyes. One of the best wingers we have ever had regardless of division. He stuck around and demanded our standards improve and kept our club above water when things could have been so much worse under Madrox. The way he worked his way back and put up with the horrendous treatment under Parkinson and never lost his commitment for the club was outstanding. My only regret is that he didn’t get a final run out at Wembley, but by god, as part of our league 1 story Aiden McGeady played a bigger part in getting us out of that division than any other player.

Thanks for everything Geads.

The one rare bit of consistent enjoyment and quality in what was largely a horrid few years.

Also a leader who loved a big moment and one of a handful in the last few years who wouldn't accept being in the position we had found ourselves in.

The fact that Parkinson cast him aside because he didn't have the bottle to handle it, and then false accusations about him being a bully were being planted (and anyone who took Parkinson's side and believed those accusations is something those people should look back on with shame) says it all. As do McGeady's performances when he came back in under Johnson.

All the best, Aiden.

The one rare bit of consistent enjoyment and quality in what was largely a horrid few years.

Also a leader who loved a big moment and one of a handful in the last few years who wouldn't accept being in the position we had found ourselves in.

The fact that Parkinson cast him aside because he didn't have the bottle to handle it, and then false accusations about him being a bully were being planted (and anyone who took Parkinson's side and believed those accusations is something those people should look back on with shame) says it all. As do McGeady's performances when he came back in under Johnson.

All the best, Aiden.
He was absolutely brilliant for us at times but to say he was consistent is looking at it through rose tinted glasses.

The lad was quite often the one spark, that bit of quality but he was far from consistent. There were plenty of times where he was anonymous.

I thank him for brightening up a shite period in our history and I wish the lad all the very best but let’s call it how it was.

Great player to watch, probably our best since Sessegnon, met him Maguire & Matthews one night after playing Bradford in Durham. Spieled on for half an hour with them about all sorts of SAFC related stuff. All happy to talk & genuinely seemed happy to be at Sunderland.

Everything you want from a player.

Skilful, exciting, committed. And totally unprepared to accept anything less than 100% from himself and those around him. Absolute game changer

All the best Geads. Always a warm welcome waiting for you at Sunderland

Back