MCC changes no-ball law over breaking stumps while bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've no problem with this.

Finn has to change his action just like Plunkett does to stop bowling all over the shop.

All no balls should be a free hit

Don't like that idea, it would make test cricket far too like limited overs crap. It should be enough that the batsman can't be out off the no ball (apart from a run out obviously).

I think it's fair enough for this rule to be brought in, it's been too inconsistently policed when bowlers have done it with some wickets still being given while other bowlers, like Finn in particular last summer, allowed to get away with it until they take a wicket. At least now there can be no debate over the matter. Finn just needs to adjust his action to stop it happening, which it seems he's now starting to do.

Don't like that idea, it would make test cricket far too like limited overs crap. It should be enough that the batsman can't be out off the no ball (apart from a run out obviously).

I think it's fair enough for this rule to be brought in, it's been too inconsistently policed when bowlers have done it with some wickets still being given while other bowlers, like Finn in particular last summer, allowed to get away with it until they take a wicket. At least now there can be no debate over the matter. Finn just needs to adjust his action to stop it happening, which it seems he's now starting to do.

A free hit would miraculously cure no ball problems

I don't see the problem with a bowler hitting the stumps, but at least this rule has now clarified what an umpire needs to do when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back