Maybe it's age...

I think the vast majority of fans feel the same at the minute and are just in the keep the faith support the lads through thick and thin mode.

I'm personally worried about how much pressure we will have going into the Blackburn game if we get beat against Cardiff which is the most likely outcome the way things are.

I think we all just want this season over and done with so fans and the club can refresh and go again

This is your test of faith . We don't have a choice. I have a feeling you feel similar but it's a little cry for help. If you are SAFC you are SAFC it doesn't matter the circumstance. The best part is speaking to fellow like minded lads and lasses the same before the game
Exactly this. I mean, I'm not going anywhere. Certainly not going to follow another team. I'm STID. It's just been sad lately.
I do realise you would like to be freezing your tatties off drinking ice cold beer at least once like.
I would, indeed.

I think it’s a bit of “nudge theory” with me to be fair.

Nudge 1 - I got to an age where travelling 600+ miles for a Saturday home game was getting hard.
Nudge 2 - The David Moyes season.
Nudge 3 - I started finding ways to spend my Saturdays closer to home and being with friends and family that I see too infrequently because of work (Saracens ST with my Dad who is in his 80’s, Ebbsfleet ST with my mates / family around home).
Nudge 4 - Second relegation followed by another 2 Wembley defeats in a few weeks.
Nudge 5 - Every time I get the urge to travel for a home game we get beat in games we should easily win ( Doncaster, Huddersfield etc.). To be honest I haven’t seen us win a home game since I stopped my ST after the Moyes season(and I’ve been to quite a few).
Nudge 6 - I now can’t get tickets for any away games (what really pisses me off about this is that I am aware that quite a few ST holders buy tickets for every away game to get the points but only go to a select games and sell the tickets on to others - if you sell your ticket on, then you shouldn’t get the loyalty point).

So basically age, distance, inability to get tickets, and Moyes have all played their part in sucking the enthusiasm out of me.
Nudge nudge...

Last edited:
Love it me, got hope back after Ellis gave up and SD was more short term than your average fan. Didn't like the international break and looking forward to the two game weekend.

Edit: just seen the media are bigging up the return of Dack and largely less enthused.

Last edited:
Love it me, got hope back after Ellis gave up and SD was more short term than your average fan. Didn't like the international break and looking forward to the two game weekend.

Edit: just seen the media are bigging up the return of Dack and largely less enthused.
Well I'm glad someone is getting big on Dack

Agreed the season is dead and has been for weeks.

Whether anyone is excited for next season will come in the summer with the manager and signings.

The fact everyone seems to compare budgets, balance sheets and financial fair play as much as league position doesn't help, mind. Its now a game won and lost in excel spreadsheets "masterminded" by middle-management types you call a wanker under your breath at work

I'm back to not wanting to renew my season ticket. I will, as I always do and have done for decades but I don't want to. I've missed 2 games recently through choice this year which never usually happens and I'll miss the Bristol City game coming up because of plans I have. I'll go into next season not wanting to go but I'll still do it.
I could think of dozens of things I could do on match days instead with the money that I would be practically guaranteed I'd enjoy but I don't. It's like me, my dad and my brother enjoy being pissed off together

Not age. It just comes in waves. Last time I felt like this was under Phil Parkinson.

Felt very energised with Tony Mowbray at the helm.
My first wave was under Alan Brown 2nd time .It wasn’t just me ,under 10,000 for first home game 71 season . Stokoe took the helm everybody became energised . Since Mowbray left another wave has engulfed me ,have renewed season ticket ,hope a life jacket included

Really struggling to generate any enthusiasm for Mondays match. I actually nodded off at the QPR match - it was turgid.
Bloke in front of me at Southampton was asleep most of the game. He was with that bloke from the Sunderland Till I Die documentary who has the Sunderland Denim Jacket with the big badge on the back with the spelling mistakes on the latin bit.

This time last season people were tentatively booking accommodation for London and there was a good feeling at the games. A season on and utter apathy and can’t wait for season to end and still looking down ffs !!!
KLD and Speakman though tell us we can’t always see the progress 🙄

I have a very small interest, and that's only because we require a few points for survival. Tragic state of affairs thanks to the clowns in charge.

Back