May challenge - Environmental Portraiture - Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, another busy time for me so I'm starting it early again. You might also get another day or two at the end of the current challenge if I can't get online.

In an effort to dispel the myth that we're all a bunch of sad buggers that never interact with real people, the May challenge is going to force us to talk to another individual.

The theme for May is Environmental Portraiture.

Some good examples if you google the theme.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of May.

Happy shooting

A sure sign that it's going to rain.

picture.php

One straight from the camera.
Cost: the usual £5 plus a cup of coffee.
f6.3
1/50sec
iso 100

.......Making Cows Eggs......

Logon or register to see this image

Straight out of the Camera, applied the black border and uploaded it.

The title of my pic comes from a phrase my grandad used to say when he sent us as kids to the shops for a bottle of milk, "go and get us a cows egg son" he would say, I always loved the comdey of his turn of phrase.

Last edited:
My Entry was taken at Beamish.

I took quite a few environmental portaits, Beamish was a treasure trove of oppitunites for this months competition.

I narrowed it down to the is shot and I have 3 edits. A B&W conversion, an old fashioned unsaturated image and this one that i am entering which is sharpened, added a simple curve and warmed up the white balance a bit

Untitled by Graeme Elliott Photography, on Flickr

Never entered one of these before, so here goes.

Also from a trip out to Beamish. Quick crop and a frame, other than that, it's pretty much as is.

BULLSEYE

This guy is the "story teller" at The Wallace Memorial in Stirling. If you get the chance you should go. Great building and a very good performance by "the man".

decided to go with this one, it is me in the pic, but those that know me and follow my pics on flickr etc will know that this is one environment i am often in..

F9
2 second exposure
iso 200
10 second delay on camera

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back