MAY 2015 - VOTING - DOWN THE PUB

May 2015 - Down the Pub

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good selection! Fancy voting for 1 for the humour

Or is that pathos?

48 views and only one vote. I think I am inclined to agree. Not our best month (I'm allowed to say that as one is mine). Nee offence intended at all! :)

48 views and only one vote. I think I am inclined to agree. Not our best month (I'm allowed to say that as one is mine). Nee offence intended at all! :)
I think they are all good given the relatively niche theme , although the dun cow shot must rate as the laziest entry of all time , is that yours? ;)

I think the best one is mine but I don't feel I can vote it, I'll have to abstain. Unless it streaks ahead (doubtful) and I'll vote for it on the last day :D

Number 5 for me.

It looks like he's reminiscing about all the pubs that have closed in Gilesgate.
The Brewers, Britannia, DLI, Grange Foundry, Hare and Hounds, Travelers Rest, Bay Horse.

Might be a horizon issue with the bay horse, but I assume it was taken when pissed

The only Dun Cow I've been in is on the Old Kent Road, so I don't know what you are talking about.
Proper pub opposite the Empire Theatre here in sunny Sunderland, you'd love it and would probably be Miss Dun Cow 2015 (they don't get much totty in!) :cool:;)

Proper pub opposite the Empire Theatre here in sunny Sunderland, you'd love it and would probably be Miss Dun Cow 2015 (they don't get much totty in!) :cool:;)
I was going to say How sweet of you to say that. xx Then I read the end of the end of the sentence. It's quite easy to win a one woman competition! :lol:

Not me, that's for sure!

I'll explain my shot once the poll is closed. Don't want to influence voting in the last hour.
I'm well aware it's not you ;)

It's pretty close, 3 votes for 4 pubs counts as 12

Mine was photo 4. It's not just a photo in a pub you know! It's a social commentary of the modern working mans club with the band playing to an almost empty room and the pillar placed to divide the scene and to show that corner of the room almost going on with their own thing, with different lighting and separated from the rest of the room, oblivious to this traditional form of entertainment. This is a representation of the split in many of our traditional communities. The lady on the left still has her hat and coat on, deciding if she is going to stay, in the pub or in the community - such is the decisions faced by many of our working class communities.

You see, a very complex piece of documentary photography and if people can't open up their mind to see that then its not my problem :evil: :( :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back