Matty Young on loan to Darlington

Got told this months ago. Patterson is set to be sold in the summer for good money. Part of the reason we are prepared to let him go is because apparently Young is outstanding and will be number 1 next season
Highly doubt you go from playing darlo to first choice keeper here no teams at our level have someone anywhere near his age as number one

Donnarumma was a regular for AC Milan at 16 and was playing for Italy at 17, when he was younger than Matty Young will be at the start of next season.
He doesn’t want to hear it, said exactly this before. There’s other top keepers too. Either that or he doesn’t appreciate what kinda talent we have on our hands.

Hes proven at 17 he can handle men’s football, it’s massive, like him. Let’s see how he gets on in pre season, my guess is gunna do very well

He doesn’t want to hear it, said exactly this before. There’s other top keepers too. Either that or he doesn’t appreciate what kinda talent we have on our hands.

Hes proven at 17 he can handle men’s football, it’s massive, like him. Let’s see how he gets on in pre season, my guess is gunna do very well

There is no rush with him. Heard a rumour Patterson isnt happy with how the club treated him and Jack Diamond during that ordeal though.

The fact people can only name a couple of top keepers one of which has been retired ages proves my point he's proven he can play at Darlington it's a bit of a difference, doesn't want to hear what I can rate him but think it's to soon it hardly a controversial opinion even pickford had decent loans before establishing himself.

The fact people can only name a couple of top keepers one of which has been retired ages proves my point he's proven he can play at Darlington it's a bit of a difference, doesn't want to hear what I can rate him but think it's to soon it hardly a controversial opinion even pickford had decent loans before establishing himself.
I know Donnarumma didn’t have the best of games against Barcelona in the champions league but surprised to hear he’s retired.

Vandevoordt (now 21 or 22ish) who’s moving to Leipzig this summer is the youngest keeper to play champions league aged……. 17.

If he’s good enough he’s old enough. His quality is in no way in doubt, its the physicality of handling men’s football that is what most young keepers struggle with.

People don’t realise what we got.

There is no rush with him. Heard a rumour Patterson isnt happy with how the club treated him and Jack Diamond during that ordeal though.

Your right about not being a rush but if the opertunity arises and he preforms then there’s also no need to hold him back.

Heard the Patto pissed of with the club about the Diamond thing was bollocks

Last edited:
I know Donnarumma didn’t have the best of games against Barcelona in the champions league but surprised to hear he’s retired.

Vandevoordt (now 21 or 22ish) who’s moving to Leipzig this summer is the youngest keeper to play champions league aged……. 17.

If he’s good enough he’s old enough. His quality is in no way in doubt, its the physicality of handling men’s football that is what most young keepers struggle with.

People don’t realise what we got.

Your right about not being a rush but if the opertunity arises and he preforms then there’s also no need to hold him back.

Heard the Patto pissed of with the club about the Diamond thing was bollocks
Thats my only concern with him . Getting him knocked about to early before he fills out. He might be a big lad but 17 year olds havent ' set'

Back