Mathematically impossible

Looks like it is going to be back to the normal average if 74 points to make the play offs. Speakman needs a plan to get an extra 20 points next season....a proven striker will definitely help.

I think people's patience is close to breaking point after the farce of this season, but most are prepared to give the powers that be another window before they turn their back in the club.

Going to be a massive close season for us, we need to pull a few rabbits out the hat.

No as if Brum get a draw tomorrow draw against Huddersfield. Then they both win the other 3 by high scores and we get thrashed in all 4 left we would all be on 53 points and would go down to Goal diff.
There are other teams below us who play each other, nigh on impossible for the number of teams between us and the bottom 3 to gain enough points on us at this stage.

Although it would be the most Sunderland relegation ever if we managed it.

I don't care if we had Klopp or Pep or Arteta, we simply don't have anyone that can consistently put the ball in the net.

We didn’t for the last year 5 months of last season.

Mowbray knew this and created a system of play heavily based on an attack and chance creation as we needed multiple opportunities and had several goal scorers.

Beale thought he was clever and tightened up the ship. We’ve not scored or looked anywhere near as threatening since

It has to be bitterly disappointing for you all to see how things have turned out this season. Speaking as someone on the outside, it baffles me how the ownership at SAFC thought that it would be a good idea to sack Mowbray when they did, and replace him with Beale. The season seemed to go belly up from that moment.
The passion and loyalty shown by Sunderland supporters is not matched by your "leadership"(?!?) at boardroom level. You have my sympathy and my respect.

Have we ever finished 11th ever … it could be a new beginning of 10 years of mediocrity. Nothing to play for… how good would that be 🤔
Think we mightve finished 11th 88/89 after promotion from Division 3. Very few seasons since then where we haven't been involved in a promotion or relegation battle

Back