***** Match Day Thread KO 17:00 *****

It never ends, and will never end.

Yesterday they slipped through another six months of "emergency" powers, taking it up to two years.

Now they are free to do whatever they want with our lives without so much as a vote or a debate, and lo and behold the very next day there's a press conference where they can tell us what we may and may not do, who we can meet and where we can go.

It doesn't matter how many times sage forecasts turn out to be spectacularly wrong, they will keep producing these prophecies of doom and the government will continue to use them to exercise their unprecedented authoritarian power.

Canny. I've got a Sainsburys shop coming between 4-5, so hopefully I'll get that put away and our tea in the oven before it starts 😎

Can I just say I really frickin hate the term "redouble our efforts". It's a meaningless wank term the Tories introduced but now seems to be creeping to others.

What are you having for your bait?

Peka

It's Croatian. It's just diced meat and veg baked in a drizzle of olive oil. It's handy for using up all the odd bits of veg. You're supposed to cook it in this special round tin with a chimney over an open fire but I haven't got a special round tin with a chimney or an open fire so I just do it in a roasting tin in the oven.

Back