Masters of the Air

Will watch it with high hopes. Don’t think it’ll be as good as The Pacific, which was good but not as good as Band of Brothers.

I’m also not massively fussed about a series about an air force, which is just down to personal taste.

I would rather they did another infantry type division, or even a British division series.

Trailer out today from the same bods as ‘Band of Brothers’ and ‘The Pacific’.

Looks canny. But also looks like it’s got lasses and romance and stuff which is a bit rubbish. That’s what soaps are for.

Will still give it a watch though I reckon.
Looks very good. You have to have romance if the lad who played Elvis has the lead man.

Will watch it with high hopes. Don’t think it’ll be as good as The Pacific, which was good but not as good as Band of Brothers.

I’m also not massively fussed about a series about an air force, which is just down to personal taste.

I would rather they did another infantry type division, or even a British division series.
You'd definitely have trouble getting an RAF equivalent commissioned. Plenty of drama and a hell of a story, but setting fire to city after city would be a hard sell today.

The problem with a British Army series is that it would probably be too long. Most go from 39 to 45, get a kicking at the beginning and then fizzle out at the end. Not really much of a narrative arc etc. But within that there are some cracking stories that could be told.

Proper Memphis Belle vibes watching that which I loved so will be watching this.

That lead actor gets on my nerves already like. Nothing like Major Winters him.

Looking forward to it. Read the book recently, the losses were absolutely horrific from the daylight rates. Suicidal most of the time tbh.

Balls of steel.

Back