Masterchef 2024

Is anyone else sick of Indian people making Indian food or western food with an Indian twist. To win this you need a broad repertoire. As soon as they get a task which permits them to do something classic like eggs Benedict or where the dish is suppose to be subtle in flavour or show various techniques 99% can’t do it and get knocked out. Last night they were supposed to do a simple Caesar salad and an Indian lass made a curried chickpea Caesar and was rightly booted out. Why go on there if that’s all you can do?

Also I think John and Gregg are now below the standards of what the show is trying to find. Marcus Waering is much better so they need someone of that standard to be judging. Them two will eat anything

Is anyone else sick of Indian people making Indian food or western food with an Indian twist. To win this you need a broad repertoire. As soon as they get a task which permits them to do something classic like eggs Benedict or where the dish is suppose to be subtle in flavour or show various techniques 99% can’t do it and get knocked out. Last night they were supposed to do a simple Caesar salad and an Indian lass made a curried chickpea Caesar and was rightly booted out. Why go on there if that’s all you can do?

Also I think John and Gregg are now below the standards of what the show is trying to find. Marcus Waering is much better so they need someone of that standard to be judging. Them two will eat anything

I think, via iPlayer, you may be an episode ahead of what's been broadcast as last night on BBC1 was brunch. With regard to people sticking to their own food or doing a fusion of their own and western food, I think it's fine in the early rounds as long as they can follow up with other cuisines and techniques when required.

Agreed about John and Gregg but I can't stand Marcus Wareing so would be less likely to watch if he was a replacement for one of them.

**Those two**

She got through the salad round with the best of the four salads.

You have a point.
They love flavour but putting in everything is a joke.

She got through the salad round with the best of the four salads.
I know. It annoyed me. It looked a leftovers bin. It had nothing to do with the brief but add spice to anything and those two just seem to put anyone through. This week is of a crap standard mind. The three that get through deserve it
You have a point.
They love flavour but putting in everything is a joke.
That salad man. They asked for a Caesar salad with something. She just added curried chickpeas to a bowl of lettuce. I’m just bored of every time you see an Indian you know what’s getting made.

Last edited:
I know. It annoyed me. It looked a leftovers bin. It had nothing to do with the brief but add spice to anything and those two just seem to put anyone through. This week is of a crap standard mind. The three that get through deserve it

That salad man. They asked for a Caesar salad with something. She just added curried chickpeas to a bowl of lettuce. I’m just bored of every time you see an Indian you know what’s getting made.

Broadly speaking, that is Indian food though. It would be nice to see someone from an Indian background do classic French cuisine though.

Broadly speaking, that is Indian food though. It would be nice to see someone from an Indian background do classic French cuisine though.
That’s my point. It’s just totally predictable. I think the second task always seems to be for them to show a classic technique which seems to separate the wheat from the chaff.

That’s my point. It’s just totally predictable. I think the second task always seems to be for them to show a classic technique which seems to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I know it's your point. The second task seems to be to make a twist on a classic technique, really e.g. poached egg and hollandaise on the first show this week.

I know it's your point. The second task seems to be to make a twist on a classic technique, really e.g. poached egg and hollandaise on the first show this week.
Exactly and seems to put a spanner in the works for people that just make one pot dishes and throw a load of spice in it. This week has been to a poor standard

Back